XBOX shows good connection but horrible ping on everything

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-15 21:44:59 - last edited 2022-07-16 23:19:22
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220428 rel.64072(5553)

I've had good connection with this router before so I know it works well but the network statistics on Xbox shows a good connection but everytime I go to play a game it has horrible ping. I talked to Xbox support and they said that I need to get in touch with customer support of my router to open different ports but I can't seem to get ahold of anybody. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:XBOX shows good connection but horrible ping on everything
2022-07-20 07:13:19

Hello @Alex_W 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

How is the AX21 connected and configured? Is it connecting to the ISP modem via WAN and using Dynamic IP? Please be sure the WAN IP address is a public one, then you can try to open some necessary ports requested by the Xbox or game service as follows:

Port forwarding: how to set up virtual server on TP-Link wireless router?

From the Xbox website you'll need these ports opened on your router:

"These ports must be open to connect to the Xbox network:

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP)

Note Some game developers require you to open additional ports. You should always check the game developer's website to see if the game you're playing needs additional ports to work."

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 389

Replies: 1

Related Articles