RE450: Phone connects with internet but laptop connects without internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-26 09:58:51 - last edited 2022-07-26 10:00:17

Hi guys,

Huge problem. Just bought an RE450. As the title suggets, after setting up through the Tethering app, my phone connects to the extender and to the internet no problem. But for some reason, my laptop doesn't. The network is discoverable and all, but no internet for both 2.4 and 5GHz

I have to mention that I CANNOT mess with the router because I'm staying in a co-living space/building overseas with other tenants sharing the same WiFi. So configuring through WPS is off limits unfortunately.

I tried to go off using the extended WiFi through my phone using hotspot but the speeds are absolutely abysmal.

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE450: Phone connects with internet but laptop connects without internet
2022-07-26 17:39:30

@hammy555,

Just to make sure, when your phone connects to the Range Extender, it is connected to the Internet through the RE, not through your mobile data connection? If you are unsure, please turn off your mobile data and try to access a website. Also, is your laptop able to connect, or only see the RE networks?

If you can connect to the website, the problem most likely lies with the settings on your PC. To force your PC to update its network configuration. You can go to

Settings > Network and Internet > Change Adapter Options

From here Right Click On Your Network Adapter and Select Disable, then ReEnable the Adapter.

Try reconnecting your PC to the Network at this Point and Navigating to a Website.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 293

Replies: 1

Related Articles