Deco X55 with Fios Arris modem/router - Operation Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-30 20:45:27 - last edited 2022-07-30 20:46:30
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8 Build 20220407 Rel. 69854

Hello,

I am trying to get my mesh network setup however my sattelite Decos lose connection intermittenly when I have my Deco set to Wi-Fi Router (Green to red blinking back to green on sattellites), It seems to maintain connectivity when I have it set as an access point, however this doesn't provide all of the same software features. 

Is there a setting I need to change to maintain the connection while the Operational Mode is set to Wi-Fi Router?

Thanks in advance

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco X55 with Fios Arris modem/router - Operation Mode
2022-08-02 02:41:33

@Kimbo_g 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Is only the main Deco X55 connected to the main ISP router via Ethernet cable, the other two satellites both wirelessly connected to the Mesh?

If yes, did both satellite units have the same unstable issue?

And How often would the satellite units drop the connection?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-02 03:19:45

@David-TP 

Correct, the main unit is connected to the Fios modem/router with Ethernet, and the satellites are wireless. Both have the issue, it seems to be intermittent, i.e. green for a period of time, then going to blinking red. The wi-fi seems to still be active, but the blinking red doesn't seem normal. 

I read that I may need to create a DMZ on the Arris modem/router, does this sound correct?

Options
2022-08-03 03:18:08

@Kimbo_g 

Thanks for the update.

Since the main Deco is still green, I don't think DMZ is needed.

Since the whole Mesh system shares one SSID, in case you are connected to the main unit, have you ever connected a laptop via Ethernet cable to the satellite X55 to see whether you are able to get internet service?

If possible, please also refer to this link to change a different Deco as the main unit to see whether it made any difference:How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-21 01:50:17

@David-TP Apologies for the delay. 

It seems that there continues to be internet, even when the satellites are blinking red. 

I did observe that the problem exists with the Bark Home device plugged into the main Deco. When Bark is not plugged in, the lights stay green, but then we lose the filtering. 

Any thoughts on what the Bark does to the signal or how to fix this?

Options
2022-08-22 02:08:48

@Kimbo_g 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

It is related to the internet online checking mechanism on the Deco. It will try to resolve some DNS requests of the third-party websites and if the DNS checking is passed, the LED will turn green, otherwise, it is red. These DNS requests might be filtered by the Bark Home devices and it would help if you could Deco into the whitelist/allow list of Home Bark devices.

Thank you very much.

Best regards. 

Options
2022-08-22 12:35:23

@David-TP  just the sattelites added to the whitelist, or the base too? 

Options
2022-08-26 06:46:10

@Kimbo_g 

Sorry for the delay.

It is suggested to add both base and satellite Deco units.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 835

Replies: 7

Related Articles