Does your Deco stop working when the WAN (Internet) disconnects on your main router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Does your Deco stop working when the WAN (Internet) disconnects on your main router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-04 01:13:42
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1

Hi TP-Link Community.

I recently discovered by accident that when the WAN / DSL / Internet connection on my main router drops, the Deco mesh stops working. Deco M5 in AP mode to Keep It Simple.

The WiFi on the main router is still up so I have to tell all the clients connected to the Deco to switch to the main router's WiFi instead.

I didn't think the Deco would be dependent on the WAN side of the router working and I'm struggling to understand the rationale.

Just checking to see if anyone else has noted this.

Thanks.

PS This is an issue because we have flaky WAN (NBN). I have security cameras connected to the mesh. Re-configuring each camera to use a different Wifi is a PITA. It would be great if they could keep operating while the Internet is down.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Does your Deco stop working when the WAN (Internet) disconnects on your main router
2022-08-04 06:21:07

@Sus_Deco 

Hi, Can I have more details about "when the WAN / DSL / Internet connection on my main router drops, the Deco mesh stops working", Do you mean the LAN clients connected to Deco are unable to communicate with each other when internet service failed?

Have you tried to turn off the "smart DHCP" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 504

Replies: 1

Related Articles