Deco x3600: node speeds barely usable despite main being blazing fast and no obstacles between them

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco x3600: node speeds barely usable despite main being blazing fast and no obstacles between them

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-13 01:17:18

Searched but didn't see matching post. I have deco x3600 with two satellite nodes. My house is only 1,200 sq feet and the satellites are strictly to get signal to my outside devices (Doorbell in front, camera in the back.) There's no obstacles other than a stairway between the satellites and main. To my knowledge, system is tri-band, with a band dedicated to backhaul.

Using my iPhone 11, my main deco consistently puts out 350MBps everywhere in my house except outside. However, when I allow my iPhone to connect to a satellite - even one that's 5 feet away - it gets a max of 10 MBps, and its speed outdoors is around 5, despite being right by a window rather than solid wall.

Why would the nodes be SO MUCH SLOWER than the main, when it's a tiny house with no interior obstacles? It's tri-band with a dedicated band for wireless backhaul, so I'd expect only minor speed loss.  Is there some setting that's possibly killing the connection between the satellites and main?  I'm not kidding when I say that one is 20 feet away with no obstacles (not even a door), while the other is 10 feet away (literally immediately downstairs from the main.)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco x3600: node speeds barely usable despite main being blazing fast and no obstacles between them
2022-11-07 16:41:33 - last edited 2022-11-07 16:41:44

@R5Ryder  I am experiencing the exact same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

Options
Re:Deco x3600: node speeds barely usable despite main being blazing fast and no obstacles between them
2022-12-07 22:22:51

@R5Ryder 

Something to remember is that if your nodes are physically that close you may run into interference problems. 

Normal stuff, check to make sure that each node is connected to the main node, all are in mesh mode, all have been updated to the most current firmware (mine is 1.1.0 Build 20220530 Rel. 38621).

From there I would start troubleshooting with a single node at a time. Test your bandwidth and use a signal analyzer tool to see what your signal is doing as you move around your place. In my place (3000sqft+ with basement) I have all three nodes setup and pull 300mbps+ at the furthest node from the main. This node is physically about 30yds away and on the second level on the opposite end of the house. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 251

Replies: 2