BUG in RE200 V4 - Can't set correct time!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-11 16:40:30
Tags: #BUG
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

Per thread at https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/105635

which was closed without a resolution, the correct time can't be set on TPL RE200 V4 w/ firmware 1.0.8 Build 20210916 Rel. 59255

Unplugging the RE200 causes the date and time to reset to 01/01/2021 00:00:00

Changing the timezone only adjusts the hour by the selected timezone offset amount.

The RE200 has time-dependent functionality which is rendered useless by not being able to set the correct time manually.

If the time is actually set automatically, this should be configurable - there may be no internet connection or a custom/internal NTP server may need to be set by the user.

- "Before enabling the LED Control, make sure System Time is correct."

- "Before enabling Power Schedule, please make sure the System Time is correct."

- System Log shows incorrect timestamps.

Options
3 Reply
Re:BUG in RE200 V4 - Can't set correct time!
2022-10-12 08:42:37 - last edited 2022-10-12 08:49:55

Hello @TP_Device_User 

After the reboot of range extender, the time settings will be reset. 

After plugging the range extender back in, make sure the extender has fully booted up ( for a few min)and got an internet connection.Then manually select the Time zone and get the correct time at that time? 

You could also try to adjust the firewall settings on the router and see if that makes any difference, sometime the firewall may be affecting RE get the correct time from the NTP server. 

If that's not the case, please share a photo of the time settings on the range extender. 

What is the model of Wifi router and network topology. 

48f086ff20fb49d6817f3e83b7da9ba7

Options
2022-10-25 07:15:23

@TP_Device_User 

May I know were you able to set the correct time for the range extender at last? 

Feel free to let us know for any further observations, thank you. 

Options
2022-10-25 22:12:14

Hi @Solla-topee, I returned the device to the store for a refund as I found such a basic flaw unacceptable. I bought a different manufacturer's product instead.

I've never come across a device containing a clock which could neither be set to the correct time manually, nor contained a backup battery. It's either lazy design, poor software development, or component cost cutting.

Very simply, I wanted to use the RE200 to extend my mobile phone's WiFi access point coverage for an internal network of devices. An internet connection is not always available. And even if one subsequently became available, the RE200 wouldn't sync with the (unknown and unconfigurable) time server unless physically unplugged from the power source and powered back up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 318

Replies: 3

Tags

BUG