AX10000 Having slow internet issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-05 16:35:26
Model: Archer AX10000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20220221 rel.50072(5553)

Recently I upgraded my internet to 1gb speeds and I cannot figure out why this router cannot handle these speeds. If I directly connect my pc to the cable modem, things are fine, getting over 1gb  speeds on the download side and over 40mbps on the upload side as it should be.

With the AX10000 in the loop my speeds are down to 700dl/39up mbps and this is all hardwired connections, I have replaced the ethernet cables with cat6,cat8 and no changes. I have nothing else running, and with this model I cannot disable QOS entirely. No parental control stuff, nothing at all, and yet I cannot get 1gbps speeds.

Is there anything else I can do other than replace this wifi router?

Options
10 Reply
Re:AX10000 Having slow internet issues
2022-11-07 08:03:15

@Chaz 

You can follow this guide to configure the QoS settings on the AX10000. I believe the web UI of AX10000 is similar to that of AX11000.

If this makes no difference, you may try restoring the AX10000 to factory defaults, then try reconfiguring it from scratch, don't modify any other settings except the basic internet setup, this will tell if the slow speed is caused by any settings.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-11-07 13:46:41

@Liverpool20 Thank you for that link, I actually went though all those steps, and also did a factory reset and still have the same issue. Something else I want to mention is that I ordered a Asus GT-AXE11000 wifi router which I just configured this morning and oddly enough I am having the same issue?

I understand there are different settings and what not between these routers, but if both of them have the same issue, however when I directly wire my pc to the cable modem I get full speeds, it makes me wonder if there is something that the isp is doing? I already spent 2 hours on the phone with them, and as long as the connection to the cable modem is getting advertised speeds, there's nothing they will do.

Options
2022-11-08 03:08:55

@Chaz 

Can I know who is your ISP? Is this "down to 700dl/39up Mbps" tested when the computer is connected to the AX10000 with cable also?

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options
2022-11-08 03:49:13

@Kevin_Z My isp is Spectrum, and when I have a pc directly connected to the cable modem I get more than 1gbps DL speeds.

Options
2022-11-08 11:27:14

@Chaz 

Thank you very much for replying.

Yes, I noted that, the speed is normal when directly connecting to the Spectrum cable modem, we just want to confirm what kind of internet you are using.

Can you please reply to the support engineers and troubleshooting further on this?

Options
2022-11-30 16:29:06

@Kevin_Z 

I am having the same issues with my AX3000 I just bought this week.  My ISP provides Internet Speeds of  Up 1GB / Dn 1GB,  but the wireless network is only getting 200 U/D.  I do get an increase in DN, around 600 Dnld, when connecting to one of the 1 GB ports on back of one of the x55 units.  I have tried multiple speed tests connecting to the wireless network on phones and computers connected to the wireless network.  They all give the max of 150-200 Mbps.   When I bypass the Ax3000 I get speeds between 800-900 U/D Mbps on average. 

I have forced the network to 5ghz only and did not see a difference.  I do not have QOS enabled.  

The firmware is fully up to date.

Options
2022-12-01 03:04:10

jgranger wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I am having the same issues with my AX3000 I just bought this week.  My ISP provides Internet Speeds of  Up 1GB / Dn 1GB,  but the wireless network is only getting 200 U/D.  I do get an increase in DN, around 600 Dnld, when connecting to one of the 1 GB ports on back of one of the x55 units.  I have tried multiple speed tests connecting to the wireless network on phones and computers connected to the wireless network.  They all give the max of 150-200 Mbps.   When I bypass the Ax3000 I get speeds between 800-900 U/D Mbps on average. 

I have forced the network to 5ghz only and did not see a difference.  I do not have QOS enabled.  

The firmware is fully up to date.

@jgranger Is the model Archer AX55? Do you have more than one router in the same network? Or you are actually having Deco X55?

If it is the latter, can I know how many X55 units do you have in total, and how are they connected to each other? It's suggested to go through the troubleshooting suggestions provided in the following FAQ, then please report back if any helps:

Troubleshooting: Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices

Options
2023-01-30 18:39:53 - last edited 2023-01-30 18:43:45

@Kevin_Z 

im having the same problems. Is there a fox for this yet??

im only getting 300-400 download speeds. But connected directly to cable modem I'm getting close to 1000 dowload.

need this fixed asap or I will return this unit and all the other TP link devices i have 

i have a archer ax10000. All up to date and less than a week old.

Options
2023-01-30 21:33:29

@Chaz 

Chaz wrote

@Kevin_Z My isp is Spectrum, and when I have a pc directly connected to the cable modem I get more than 1gbps DL speeds.

Have you had any luck on this?

I'm having the exact same issues with my AX10000 and i cant find a solution anywhere.. i only find alot of complaints about simliar and same problems with TP-LINK devices. But there is no solution on this!?!?!?!

We all spend alot of meny on tp-link devices and at the end the support is almost non exciting and most of the equiment they sell is faulty!!

Options
2023-01-31 03:38:09

JulianG wrote

@Kevin_Z 

im having the same problems. Is there a fox for this yet??

im only getting 300-400 download speeds. But connected directly to cable modem I'm getting close to 1000 dowload.

need this fixed asap or I will return this unit and all the other TP link devices i have 

i have a archer ax10000. All up to date and less than a week old.

@JulianG Thank you very much for bringing this up.

Can you please check if the QoS settings is correctly set to be off as per this FAQ? You can manually input the download and upload bandwidth that you paid for the internet, then choose “Standard Mode” and make sure there is no device in high priority.

It's also suggested to check if there is any antivirus software on this PC, as we do receive feedback that some antivirus may limit the speed, such as Avast or Killer. You can check the sharing posted in this thread to get more details.

If the QoS has been correctly configured and there is no antivirus on the computer, we would like to further look into this issue via email, and our support engineers will help further.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1282

Replies: 10

Related Articles