Reboot Schedule & customize Satelite Deco signal source

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-07 13:04:40
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I would like to request the following features for de Deco X60 Hardware version 1 and Hardware version 2:

1. Reboot Schedule

2. customize Satellite Deco signal source

These are already implemented in the older and less powerful Deco M5: Deco M5 1.6.1 - Home Network Community (tp-link.com)

So I think this must not be to hard to implement :)

Thanks in advance.

Options
12 Reply
Re:Reboot Schedule & customize Satelite Deco signal source
2022-11-07 19:55:04

@Chris01,

Thanks for the feedback. I believe that the engineering team is working to update as many decos as possible to the 1.6.1 Firmware, so as to bring these features to as many devices as possible. We don't really have any insight into what devices are given priority or what the plan overall is for the features. The reason this was probably brought to the M5 is that it was a very popular device that also has a wide variety of features for Smart Home Management, so it may have been prioritized. 

I will try and find out some additional information as to when the firmware may be getting pushed to devices in the future.

Options
2022-11-08 08:35:12

@Riley_S That would be nice, thanks in advance :)

Options
2023-02-02 15:12:43

Hi  @Riley_S , is there any news when the firmware is being pushed?

Options
2023-02-02 17:31:15

@Chris01,

Unfortunately no.

I try to stay on top of our firmware postings that occur each week, and I relay these to the community. We don't have too much insight into the development process and stage, unless we reach out officially to the development team. The rate at which this version of firmware has been extended to other models is encouraging, as it seems to be picking up speed.

Options
2023-02-03 04:52:47

@Riley_S  really hope to see this for the x75 pro. Not being able to force them to daisy chain at all has made my third satellite have only a fair connection. I tricked it to connect a few times using aluminum foil and a reboot, but it jumps back to the weak signal within 5-7 minutes ever time I've fixed it.  I don't understand why it prefers a fair connection over excellent to the other satellite.  It drops wifi speed on #3  from 380mbs to about 100mbs.  It seems crazy that it can't detect this and correct it on its own even.

Options
2023-02-03 18:03:01

@Dvansan,

I only know that the team is rolling this out to Decos through firmware updates as it is developed, we do not have any information regarding future updates and models unless beta firmware is provided to our teams. These firmware updates have been rolling out in increasing frequency over the last two months, so make sure to keep an eye out. 

Something else to note, this feature has rolled out to users with much less powerful decos already. Personally, I would expect that after the XE200 firmware is pushed to the official release, we will begin to hear more about the newest devices receiving the update.

Options
2023-02-04 23:04:49

@Riley_S any idea when the XE200 firmware update you mentioned will be officially released?

Options
2023-02-07 01:44:19

@Richardj186,

No clue, unfortunately. the Early Access Firmware was posted, but this is not an official release for the XE200. I would expect it to come out soon, as the features have been implemented, it just is going through testing right now.

The official firmware download pages are usually updated every Friday with the newest updates.

Options
2023-02-07 14:26:46

@Riley_S thank you for that information very much. I have the XE200 v1.60 so I'm hoping that is included with the update. I will watch for it!  :)

Options
2023-02-07 18:46:05

@Richardj186,

I usually look at all the firmware drops each week, as it is a flagship device, it is one that I am always looking for firmware updates for.

I will try to remind you if I see it posted.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 935

Replies: 12

Related Articles