2021-08-26 01:44:22 - last edited 2022-12-14 20:04:27

Latest Firmware Release:

For Deco M5(V1/V2/V3/V3.2)

Deco M5_V3_1.6.1_20220818

Improvements:
1. Optimized the Monthly Reports.
2. Improved system reliability.

Bug fixed:
1. Fixed the bug that clients won't be able to obtain IP addresses randomly.
2. Fixed the bug that insight/time limit of parental control won't reset the next day.
3. Fixed the bug that No-IP DDNS doesn't take effect under PPPoE connection.
4. Fixed the bug that the client list randomly does not show any client or recognizes satellite Deco as a client.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

History Release

For Deco M5(V1/V2/V3/V3.2) 

Deco M5_V3_1.6.0_220525

New Features/Enhancement:
1. Added Reboot Schedule for every day/week under Deco App > More > Reboot Schedule.
2. Added support for customizing Satellite Deco signal source under Deco App > Internet > Select the Satellite Deco > Signal Source.

3. Added support for customizing clients connection preference under Deco App > CLIENTS > Select the client > Click the gear icon on the right-up corner > Connection Preference.

4. Added No-IP and DynDNS to the DDNS settings under Deco App > More > Advanced > DDNS

5. Added Smart DHCP on/off switch in Access Point mode under Deco App > More > Advanced > Smart DHCP

6. Added a prompt when the Ethernet link rate goes down to 100Mbps.

7. Added schedule and bandwidth limit to guest network under Deco App > More > Wi-Fi > Guest Network.

8. When configuring Deco for the first time, you can choose to establish an IPv6 connection directly.

Notes:
1. Please update your Deco APP to the latest version for the new features.
2. If there are other Deco models in the Mesh network, you may miss some new features but this feature will be supported via firmware update in the future.

3. You may miss some new features when Deco is set to Access Point mode.

Related Articles: 

Deco M9 Plus 1.6.0

Frequently Asked Questions on Deco Firmware Update

Options
53 Reply
Re:[New Firmware] Deco M5 1.6.0
2021-09-11 17:16:04
I just updated to 1.6.0 I have a five node deco M5 mesh, the main node is running in Router mode. I was able to configure a reboot schedule, no problem. Remains to prove that the reboot happens at 0400 EST. I have 46 client devices online. A mix of various IOT devices, cell phones, tablets and computers. This new version does an decent job of identifying the multitude of manufacturer MAC address and correctly identifying the devices. Glaringly the Ring Doorbell and August Smart Locks are either not correctly identified or are part of the not consistently discovered "Connected online Clients. The number of "online" clients changes anywhere from as low as 40 up to 46, this is extremely inconsistent. I tried to set a Client Connection Preference, I selected a node which is physically closer to my ring camera and clicked SAVE, the first two attempts it failed with an error, on the third attempt it was successful. The Android App seems to flash periodically, "We couldn't find Deco. Something went wrong with the cloud service", then the bouncing carrot displays indicating "Connecting", the display resets and takes a few seconds up to 60 seconds to repopulate the screen stats. Usually this does indeed reconnect but it has locked up and tapping the RESET button does nothing, requiring a reboot of the App. Intermittently getting "Phone or Tablet Offline" with the bouncing carrot "connecting" and a RETRY button at the bottom. RETRY does nothing. the only solution is to forcibly stop the App and restart. I am running LGv6 ThinQ, Android 11, Version V600VM20e and Deco App version 2.9.4.
Options
2021-09-13 01:53:24

@DAServices 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Would you be kind to record a video of the whole process that APP flashes periodically?

Please also send feedback via Deco APP>Overview>three lines icon on the top>help>Contact Us>suggestions and add the system log.

By the way, did this issue start just after the firmware 1.6.0 upgrade?

Options
2021-09-13 16:50:20

@TP-Link 

I have uploaded as requested. 

Options
2021-09-14 03:53:34

@TP-Link 

Hello,

Is there a reason this update is not available for the M9? Shouldn't we expect these new features as well? Thank you.

Options
2021-09-15 01:02:19

@rekeen01 

Hi, yes and these features would be added on the Deco M9 Plus as well.

But the exact release date is still not clear.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-09-30 14:48:17

@TP-Link I installed the 1.6.0 trial firmware to test the "connection preference" functionality.  I have a wifi camera that seems to connect to the farthest Deco unit it can find.

I've a 3 unit M5 mesh system, set up in AP mode.

After installing the firmware, I set up the camera as follows:

- Mesh Technology: OFF

- Connection Preference -> Preferred Deco -> "2nd Floor LR"

- Preferred Wi-Fi Band -> 2.4GHz (the client only supports 2.4)

Upon booting the client, the client connects to the correct deco unit.  I checked it this morning and it had moved to "Dining Room" which is about as far away from the camera as you can get.  As far as I am aware neither the deco units nor the client rebooted during this time.

I think this may be an issue with the app reporting wrong information -- here's what I did

I rebooted the client several times and it continued to connect to "Dining Room".

I rebooted "Dining Room" and the app still reported the camera connected to "Dining Room"

I unplugged "Dining Room" completely and the app shows the camera connected to "Dining Room" even though that unit offline!   Screenshot attached.

During the above I restarted the app completely at each step to ensure it had the most up to date information.

Note that "2nd Floor LR" and "Dining Room" are satellite units, not the main deco.

So either the connection preference isn't working as intended, or the app is reporting incorrect information.

Please let me know if you need more detail.  Thanks.

Options
2021-10-08 03:31:40

@Rob_A 

Hi, sorry for the time and patience.

Did you still have the same issue?

If yes, could you please go to Deco APP>Overview>three lines on the top>help>contact us>suggestions and add the APP log.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-11-04 21:00:21 - last edited 2021-11-04 21:00:54

@TP-Link Hey there, when will this firmware get a public release out of beta please? Thanks

Options
2021-11-05 06:30:32

@ConcernedUser 

Hi, it is suggested that you could subscribe to this link and once there is any further news about the official firmware.

When will 1.6.0 be released for the Deco M9 Plus

I will update it there.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-11-23 14:08:02

@TP-Link 

Can I use this firmware in Brazil? Any Problem? Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 10472

Replies: 53

Related Articles