Default profile for parental controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-27 21:13:00

Hey there. Any plans to add a default profile to new devices for parental controls?

I just got a set of x55 mesh devices and although everything has been great, I was not happy when I found new devices don't get restricted with the parental controls. This makes the controls worthless. I don't understand why it wouldn't be included already?

I guess I'll have to hook my 6 year old Circle back up. :S

Options
3 Reply
Re:Default profile for parental controls
2022-12-28 20:47:05
I’m really shocked that this feature does not exist. I thought I didn’t know how to set it up until I tried today and did not find it. My nephew and nieces just connected to the guest network and by default it is wide open. This is really concerning and doesn’t appears to be taken seriously by tp-link. I may have to take the router back and go back to Circle with Nighthawk. I thought I was upgrading…
Options
2023-02-05 12:04:28

@Jalapen0 I agree with this as well. A default should be the safest choice. I added the upgraded subscription recently hoping I had better control, but I'm disappointed. I'll have to reconsider next month.

Options
2023-04-12 16:14:31 - last edited 2023-04-12 16:14:49

My kid's laptop has a new MAC every day, so it looks like a new device, and a default profile would be a perfect way to isolate new devices.

TP-Link seems to have abandoned development of the TP-Link Deco P9. There have been no updates for years, so I'm thinking to switch to Asus or Openwrt.

Options