TL-WN881ND is running slow internet speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-05 18:35:15
Model: TL-WN881ND  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

As the title suggests, my TL-WN881ND (two of them) are running slow internet speeds. I've checked out the forums here and ran through the following steps:

• Moved the computer basically on top of the router
  • Tried out different channels 
  • Adjusted bandwidth
  • Updated to latest drivers

I've got other wireless devices that are running at the 300 Mbps. I also saw that one recomendation was to move the adapter to another slot but unfortunatley don't have space for that. Any recomendations? Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WN881ND is running slow internet speeds
2023-01-05 18:53:05
Small update - I did put the card in a different computer and am having the same issue.
Options
2023-01-14 10:02:50

@beckizle 

Hi, Thank you for your time and patience.

For TL-WN881ND, it is 2.4ghz only and does not support 5ghz. with a Maximum wireless link speed of 300m/s,  the expected speed would be 100m/s-150m/s considering the wireless interference. I think you might need to get a dual-band wireless adapter.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-16 12:49:54 - last edited 2023-05-16 12:50:35

@beckizle 
When encountering slow internet speeds with the TL-WN881ND wireless adapter, there are a few additional steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue. Firstly, ensure that your computer's power management settings are not affecting the adapter's performance. Set the power management option for the wireless adapter to "Maximum Performance" to prevent it from entering power-saving modes. Additionally, try changing the wireless mode on your router to "802.11n" only, as this can optimize compatibility with the TL-WN881ND adapter. Lastly, if possible, try using the adapter on another computer to see if the issue persists, as it could be a compatibility issue with your specific system.
Regards: trollerdude. com

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 532

Replies: 3