Hardware Connection Map

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Hardware Connection Map

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Hardware Connection Map
Hardware Connection Map
2023-01-07 00:52:48
Model: Deco BE95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have just preordered a Deco BE95 and intend to use it with the option to use the Wired Backhaul setup.  I intend to connect the main unit to the an Arris S33 modem using one of the Deco 2.5 Gb ports.  The second unit will be connected via a cat 6 ethernet cable 10Gb port to a 10 Gb port on the main unit.  Are there any differences between the to 10 Gb ports on each of the BE95 units?  I also have the need for ethernet support at both Deco BE95 locations.  I intend to use a TL-SG-108 unmanaged switch at each location to support devices requiring ethernet connections.  Which ports on the BE95 should should the TL-SB-108 switches be connected to?  Can the switch be connected to the second 2.5 Gb port?

Is it possible to obtain a wiring diagram for connecting the BE95 with Wired Backhaul setup with ethernet connectability for devices requiring a wired connection? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Hardware Connection Map
2023-01-09 01:57:57

@BobGonsalves 

Hi, Deco BE95 is still one of the Deco family so the common rules for Ethernet Backhaul work for it as well.

You could have a look at this link: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

And the following network map would work well for Deco BE65:

The Ethernet Backhaul between two BE95s is recommended to use the 10G ports on both sides. Since TL-SG108 only has 8*1G ports and no SFP ports, It should not make any difference whether it is connected to 2.5G or 10G on BE95

00733f7b7e654d6a8f813807aca5b4ac

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Hardware Connection Map
2023-04-14 19:35:38

@BobGonsalves 

Knowing that the release date on the Deco BE95 keeps getting pushed back, I wanted to ask if you ever received the mesh system or if you're waiting like those of us that did not preorder.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 312

Replies: 2