Devices on guest network only connect to main deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-10 18:13:01
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

When I want to switch a device on my guest network to a different deco,I don not have the option to do so. This is only possible with devices on my main network. 

Is this normal or do I need to change something? I am operating in AP mode. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Devices on guest network only connect to main deco
2023-01-11 03:51:30

@Jochem 

Hi, I was wondering what would happen when you are trying to connect to the guest network of satellite Deco M5? The Guest SSID could not be detected or it is connected but no internet? Would there be any error message?

If enabling "allow the guest network to access the main network", would it make any difference?

And Can I have a picture of your network layout, such as:

ISP modem--main router---network switch--3* Deco M5

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-11 20:29:21

@David-TP 

Hi David,

See the following images. The first one is my Chromecast, who is om my main network. I can choose which deco I want it to connect to. ( Gewenste verbinding button )The second is a smart plug on my guest network. As you can see, I don not have the same option here. 

Enabling local access doesn't change this. 

The setup of my network is as following:

ISP modem - unmanaged switch - wired connection to main deco. The other two Deco's are wireless in the rest of the house. 

3a590b903e5748ab9b7cababbdc779713ab7312e823f4f56a34942aa3b8c536b

Options
2023-01-16 09:06:49

@Jochem 

Hi sorry for the delay.

So far, the connection preference feature is only supported under the main network, not available on the guest network yet.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 3

Related Articles