Kasa Switches going offline/online sporadically on Deco XE75 mesh system (x2)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-28 19:17:32
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

I'm not sure if I'm in the right thread. I've had the Kasa system for about a year and working fine. I just recently installed the Deco XE75 and a TP-Link 5-port Managed Switch to my system. I turned off the WiFi to my AT&T router and set the Deco system to AP mode. I kept the same SSID/Pass of the original system so I didn't have to re-pair all the switches. The system worked fine for about a day. Then I started noticing some of the switches going offline. Some would go offline then back online. The Kasa Panning Camera is off line as well as the one Kasa smart outlet (KP200). I've restarted the Deco system, turned off fast roaming, and then beamforming to no avail. I've seen the online clients numbers in the Deco app go up and down and the smart devices in the same app go offline and online like in the Kasa app. I've also noticed them going offline on the Alexa app.

As I said, the switches/camera/outlet worked fine before I got the Deco system so I think it has to do with the new equipment setup. I really want this setup to work because I've been very happy with the TP-Link products. Please help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa Switches going offline/online sporadically on Deco XE75 mesh system (x2)
2023-01-30 06:39:26 - last edited 2023-01-30 10:19:31

Hello @ShadowHawk 

Thank you very much for reaching out to the community and sharing case details!

May I know when did you install the Deco X75E? 

1. Please reboot the offline kasa device and ensure the device is online over the internet

(For plugs, unplug and plug it back in; for switches: press the RESTART button on the right bottom for 1 second)

If device still offline, try to factory reset it and reinstall it in the kasa app. 

After rebooting the kasa device, please obeserve if the kasa devices goes offline again. If you continue to face the issue,  please help share a photo of the offline devices & help collect the app log as my PM or support email

To help with the issue, we created a support email TKID230150979 for you, please check your email inbox, thank you! 

Options
Re:Kasa Switches going offline/online sporadically on Deco XE75 mesh system (x2)
2023-01-31 02:47:20 - last edited 2023-02-03 07:45:09

Update:  Feel free to let me know for any observations, thank you!

If you need help with kasa please reply on support email TKID230150979, thank you. 

Hello  @ShadowHawk 

May I know did you try to reboot the kasa device/ factory reset and reinstall to make it become online first? Any update is much appreciated.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 465

Replies: 2

Related Articles