Ethernet backhaul not working with Deco X20s in supported configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-06 22:44:10
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

I have the following config: router connects to main Deco port 1. Main Deco port 2 connects to a TL-SG105 switch. The first satellite Deco port 1 also connects to the SG105 switch. The second satellite Deco has no hardline connection.

The Deco app reports a WiFi backhaul for both satellite Decos. If I bypass the SG105 switch and connect the first satellite Deco directly to the main Deco, the app reports an Ethernet backhaul for the first satellite Deco. If I connect the first satellite Deco to the Main Deco via the SG105 switch again, the backhaul returns to WiFi.

The main Deco is running in router mode. All cables are known good.

I've read several posts about similar issues, but the solutions are always to use the configuration I'm using. Guidance would be appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Ethernet backhaul not working with Deco X20s in supported configuration
2023-02-07 05:57:39

@templedf 

Hi, have you tried to connect 1st satellite to another port on the TL-SG105?

It is also suggested to temporarily connect the 2nd satellite Deco X20 to SG105 as well to see whether another satellite X20 had the same issue.

Wait for your reply.

best regards.

Options
2023-02-08 05:28:13

@David-TP I disconnected the Ethernet cable last night and plugged it back in this morning, and this time it was able to establish the Ethernet backhaul. One problem solved.

Now I have a new problem, which is that the satellite with the Ethernet backhaul is constantly dropping from the network and reconnecting according to the app. The satellite itself just blinks red. If I disconnect the backhaul it's stable.  Suggestions?

Options
2023-02-13 08:28:53

@templedf 

Hi, How often would you notice the Ethernet satellite Deco X20 dropped the connection?

Is your current network layout like this:

Later, I would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check whether you could get an email from me.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 264

Replies: 3