unable to connect to the internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-02 03:49:47
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

New user here. Used the deco app to setup the wifi and all went well but wifi unable to connect to the internet. My internet is provided by Centurylink via dsl. The modem is a C4000BZ. Verified that my connection type is PPPoe, obtained my username and password from Centurylink. I've spent hours on the phone with tp-link techs. With tech's guidance I connected my laptop to the modem via an adapter that connects an ethernet cable to a usb port on my laptop. The laptop has internet access using that connection

so I'm sure the cable is fine and the modem/internet works fine. The issue seems to be the mesh system is not talking a language the modem understands. Does anyone have Centurylink, non-fiber internet service with my type modem? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:unable to connect to the internet
2023-03-02 20:32:07

@tomboley hey similar I am having issues all do sudden with century link, 

worked fine for. Year then yesterday nothing but issues connecting to wifi

Options
2023-03-03 02:37:55 - last edited 2023-03-03 02:51:21

@PatrickHenry     @tomboley Thank you for the feedback.

I see similar feedback about CenturyLink DSL with C4000LZ several days ago.

No internet connection

The user here mentioned that:

"I was able to do chat support with Brightspeed, and they directed me to connect the Deco M5 via one of the 4 ethernet ports, instead of the WAN/LAN port. I did question this and they told me this newer modem's WAN/LAN is for fiber connection."

So I wonder whether you also connect the Deco to one of the 4*Ethernet ports, instead of the WAN/LAN port?

After that, I noticed you mentioned PC via USB-Ethernet connector could get internet service directly from C4000BZ, have you tried Dynamic IP, instead of a PPPoE internet connection on the Deco?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Options
2023-03-03 15:00:41
Patrick, I have tried using the dynamic IP selection but that didn't help. I'll try to re-establish the deco wifi using an ethernet port and see what happens.
Options
2023-03-03 16:35:55
patrick....IT WORKED! that's the issue, the new modem's wan/lan port is just for fiber. after connecting to an ethernet port it worked. thank you for your help
Options