Using Deco M4 Ethernet Port for Internet Use

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-03 20:42:37
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210414 Rel. 58075

Hello Friends,

I have configured x2 deco devices in my network. One of is connected to my modem (named deco1) , another one (named deco2) which is in my living room connected well. But I would like to connect my laptop via ethernet in the living room.

When I connect my laptop to deco 2 , I cant get any Ip from the device. Is that possible configuration to get Internet connection via ethernet on deco2?

Can you explain is there any trick ?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Using Deco M4 Ethernet Port for Internet Use
2023-03-06 03:39:37

@tkeskinbora 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Do you mean a network topology like this:

ISP modem----<cable>---main M4)))--WiFi--((( living room M4 #2----<cable---Laptop

It should work.

If not, please check whether you have enabled IPTV on the satellite Deco 2 under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPTV/VLAN.

For more suggestions, please have a look at this link:

Ethernet not working on deco

Best regards.

Options
Re:Using Deco M4 Ethernet Port for Internet Use
2023-03-11 13:16:47

David-TP wrote

@tkeskinbora 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Do you mean a network topology like this:

ISP modem----<cable>---main M4)))--WiFi--((( living room M4 #2----<cable---Laptop

It should work.

If not, please check whether you have enabled IPTV on the satellite Deco 2 under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPTV/VLAN.

For more suggestions, please have a look at this link:

Ethernet not working on deco

Best regards.

@David-TP

Hello, it does not work ,while the network topology is like you mentioned. I would like to connect my laptop via ethernet on living room m4 #2 ethernet.

How can I find the dhcp ip pool on living room m4#2 ? If I find the ip address pool , I will give an ip address manually on my laptop. 

Thank you,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 178

Replies: 2