Deco x55 V 1.26 Ethernet ports malfunctioning

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-17 14:53:52 - last edited 2023-03-20 15:10:41
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.01 Build 20221103 Rel. 43293

Can an administrator please help me?

I have a two pack Deco x55 Version 1.26 and it worked beautifully but then an electrical outage caused the Deco's to lose ethernet connectivity.  The satellite Deco crashed earlier and is in a start-up look and will be replaced.  However the main Deco ethernet ports stopped connecting to my computer and Apple TV.  That is the problem I would like addressed in this thread.

1.  I have changed ethernet cables.  No success.

2.  I have rebooted the modem (used in IP passthrough), Deco router and devices and still no success.

3.  The ethernet ports still work on the main Deco as I have used all three for modem connection and we are still getting internet.  However, when I plug my computer into the Deco ethernet ports, it does not sense LAN connection and still only connects to WIFI.  I have disabled WIFI on these devices but still no success.  The Deco will not output through the ethernet ports.

I have been reading these threads for over a week and this seems to be a LAN sensing problem?  I have also tried reseting the Deco but again - no success.  I really do want the ethernet ports to work because that was the main reason for buying this pack as I like wired connection when possible and wireless only for smartphones and internet of things devies.  By the way - the wireless works flawlessly.

Much thanks,

BVP

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco x55 V 1.26 Ethernet ports malfunctioning-Solution
2023-03-20 03:22:31 - last edited 2023-03-20 15:10:41

@BVP 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

May I know the model number of your ISP cable modem?

Could you please refer to this link to check the IP settings on the PC when it is wired to the main Deco:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/838/

4698ccf15c0946cbb0eb4197fd6beb1c

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco x55 V 1.26 Ethernet ports malfunctioning
2023-03-19 02:33:57

@BVP 

Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

just to update and simplify my problem:

everything with deco x55 worked beautifully. Then all of a sudden my Apple TV lost Ethernet connection and only connects wirelessly to Deco. 

All three Deco lan ports work well as I have tested other devices. 

all Ethernet cables work as I have tested them on other devices. 

Have rebooted and reset (factory settings) my modem, router and Apple TV multiple times and no success.  My modem is on IP pass through. I have tried the main Deco on router and access point. 

the Apple TV only connects to the Deco with Wi-Fi and not LAN. I really want it to be LAN because I watch a lot of 4K streaming and I want the bandwidth on wired for obvious reasons. 

Someone please help. I have been reading these forums for the past week and think maybe the Deco could have a LAN / Wi-Fi sensing problem with this Apple TV. 

Options
Re:Deco x55 V 1.26 Ethernet ports malfunctioning-Solution
2023-03-20 03:22:31 - last edited 2023-03-20 15:10:41

@BVP 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

May I know the model number of your ISP cable modem?

Could you please refer to this link to check the IP settings on the PC when it is wired to the main Deco:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/838/

4698ccf15c0946cbb0eb4197fd6beb1c

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco x55 V 1.26 Ethernet ports malfunctioning
2023-03-20 15:11:32

@David-TP 

thank you for your response. I sent you a PM for security. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 415

Replies: 3

Related Articles