Old network still shows up on available network even though it was deleted.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-10 20:53:43 - last edited 2023-04-10 21:01:20
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.12

So I deleted an old network of my four M5's network and created a new network with a new name. However the old network still shows up on my devices as an available network.I can connect with the password, but there's no internet connection. How can I remove the old network? I no longer have access to it on the app since it was deleted.

Edit: For some more context, this is not just my devices remembering the old network, I've tried "forget" and the old network still shows up as available network to connect to. It's being output by the deco.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Old network still shows up on available network even though it was deleted.
2023-04-11 01:14:26

@Matt153 

Hi, I see the 1.2.12 firmware of the Deco M5 is quite old and the latest firmware has reached 1.6.5.

Maybe you could update the firmware to the latest version first, then check whether the old network was still here.

How to find the correct firmware version of Deco

How to Update the Firmware of Deco

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-11 03:58:09 - last edited 2023-04-11 09:03:00

@David-TP Thank you for the response. I've come to realize I referred to the wrong model in my initial post, I actually have the Deco M9 Plus. That being said, I did state the correct firmware I currently have, the 1.2.12, so it is out of date. 

I've looked over the links you've provided, but ran into some issues. The Deco app says I have the latest firmware, but as we've established that isn't true, so I can't use that method to update. I haven't been able use the web interface to update/get the latest firmware either, as I have tried to go to the webpage and the page never loads, as I keep getting "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" error. I have even tried the solutions on the "Fail to log into the web management page of Deco" that is on the FAQ, but was still unable to log into it, even when using the http://tplinkdeco.net:30000/ link.

I've tried using the Deco M9 Plus Update Assistant to update the firmware, since that's what it says to use for the M9 Plus, but it asks for a .bin file for the latest firmware. I click the link and select the M9 Plus model V2.8, but that just takes me back to the download page for the update assistant, so it's a cyclical loop.

So now I'm somewhat confused on how I can update the Deco M9 Plus to the latest firmware. Any more assistance or clarification in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Options
2023-04-12 10:04:47

@Matt153 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

You could have a look at this link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/500258

• You could download the 1.5.6 bin file from the official website first:

(V2.8 uses the same firmware as V2)

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/deco-m9-plus/v2/#Firmware

• Then please go back to the M9 plus upgrade utility tool and upload this 1.5.6 bin file.

Best regards.

Options