Parental controls profile is blocking dns.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-23 04:39:37
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 build 20230130 rel. 68435

I normally have a parental profile for my son's pc. But for some reason starting today 4/22/2023 he wasn't able to access certain sites any longer. I checked and dns isn't working properly any more. I'm not able to ping google dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and resolving it with cloudflares dns server 1.1.1.1 seems to partially work. I rebooted the router and now when I try to resolve something with nslookup it's resolving to 10.0.0.2. Did something change with the parental profile management? If i remove the profile everything works normally.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Parental controls profile is blocking dns.
2023-04-24 05:37:03

@Jynxed 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Could you please leave me a message about the websites that are no longer accessible?

Have you ever tested which filter content categories might be related to these sites or can I have a screenshot of the selected categories?

As for the DNS server, you have found via nslookup, could you please check whether it is the primary or secondary DNS server under Deco APP>More>Internet connection>IPV4?

And there haven't been any changes to the parental control settings, so I wonder whether you updated the firmware of Deco M5 recently or any network adjustment you could recall.

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options