AXE95

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AXE95

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AXE95
AXE95
2023-05-23 02:02:42
Tags: #Router Setup
Model: Archer AXE95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.60

I have the Archer AXE95 and a 1Gbps fiber optic internet line.  Which port on the back of the router should I plug the Ethernet wire from the modem into the 1Gbps port or the 2.5 Gbps port?

Also, during setup, I'm not sure what I did wrong; it says I have a cloud device.  But, it doesn't show that until I login using the Tether App.  Am I supposed to be using that app or is there a better one?  It says I have a Cloud Device?  Not sure what I did to get that?  Do I need that?   I just want a fast internet which I"m having problems with anyway.  I have a GIG Upcountry Fiber Optic connection.  The fastest I've ever seen was 940, that's at the modem.  Now, I do get a good download and upload when plugged in to an Ethernet jack.  But wirelessly, the best I can do is 650 Mbps for upload and download.   

Please I need some help.

Thank you,

bigbarthy

Options
2 Reply
Re:AXE95
2023-05-24 16:28:21

@bigbarthy,

For a gigabit connection, you can use either port. If you have no need for the multi-gig connection for your local network, I would recommend first trying the 2.5 Gbps port.

Your cloud device should be in reference to the router that you purchased and set up. The connection to the TP-Link Cloud is what allows you to use the Tether App to see your network while away from home. 

What you are experiencing is pretty typical for a wireless connection, as there is a falloff in bandwidth from interference and simply due to the extra data that must be sent with wireless connections.

Normally that ~600 max is a result of the wireless band that your device is using to communicate, as those speeds normally mean you are connecting to the 2.4GHz network. You may try separating your bands by turning off smart connect and connecting your devices to the 5GHz network that would appear.

Options
Re:AXE95
2023-06-14 02:10:31
Thank you Riley!!!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 903

Replies: 2

Tags

Router Setup
Related Articles