Deco Firmware Updates Adding IoT and Signal Selection for Multiple Models - May 2023

Deco Firmware Updates Adding IoT and Signal Selection for Multiple Models - May 2023

41 Reply
Re:Deco Firmware Updates Adding IoT and Signal Selection for Multiple Models
2023-06-20 10:33:54

@Riley_S 

Thank you for adding the vpn server, client and DDNS options (the latter one idk if it was in this update) 1.2.4 on the x60

Feature request:

Let the user say, I want the vpn server/client on one specific network and not the others.... or all them but one (ie Open vpn configuration running on the main network, but the guest network operates without the vpn)

It would be amazing! 

Anyhow, the update brought a lot of useful features... I'm a pretty happy user

aviparshan.com
Options
2023-06-21 03:11:56

@Riley_S 

When will the other versions of the X60 and X20 lines be getting these features? I'm dying to have both IOT Network and HomeShield. I wish I would have known there were so many hardware versions before I made the investment in your company. Probably won't be buying another tp-link product if these don't get any firmware updates.

Options
2023-06-21 04:47:12

@mclain114 

Idk, homeshield is a premium subscroption feature though 

I guess for now the guest network operated in a similar enough fashion as the iot one 

aviparshan.com
Options
2023-06-21 08:37:15

@maxi93 I had no issues connecting via openvpn. Went through the setup process, exported config file to my phone, downloaded openVPN app on phone and pointed to config file provided by router, achieved connection. So far no issues

Options
2023-06-21 22:36:03

@Amcan,

They operate very similarly, however, the IoT network just gives a bit more finite control, such as being able to control WHAT devices on the network are isolated; as by default, the Guest Network will isolate all devices connected to it.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
2023-06-22 22:25:09

@Riley_S 

I updated my X5700 units to the latest firmware, 1.2.2. Now, the Deco app is stating "Abnormal WAN port speed. Please check your WAN port connection." I tried swapping out the Ethernet cable with a brand new CAT8 cable, and still the same error coming up.

I am not having any connections issues or speed problems, so might be a false positive. Any ideas?

Options
2023-06-25 07:09:04

@Letsgetsnerdy 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback. It is indeed a false alarm which would be fixed along with a firmware upgrade of Deco X5700. Currently, if the internet bandwidth is within1G/s, you could try to connect the ISP modem to the 1G/s port of X5700, instead of the 2.5G/s.

Best regards.

Options
2023-06-28 02:25:07
My main unit & satellite quit working on my XE5300. They had a red light, so I restarted them. Now they are both blinking blue, but when I try to get on the app to set them up, I get the messsage "We couldn't find your Deco. Something went wrong with the Cloud Service". I turned the satellite off to try & repair the main unit. I've tried everything that I can think of to fix this. I've unplugged the Deco from the power & from the AT&T router/modem. I restarted the AT&T modem. I've tried to get on the app from my AT&T WIFI & from the Deco WIFI (which won't connect). I restarted it multiple times. I removed the ethernet cable & connected it to my laptop to make sure I was getting internet & I was. I can't do anything without the app & it won't allow me on the app because it can't find Deco. Any ideas how to get on the app so that I can do the setup?
Options
2023-07-01 06:15:42

@Mawaukee 

I have 2x deco M5 4 nodes at two different locations . The new firmware hasn't appeared on my app on one of them whilst the other updated normally. Any ideas why and what I can do to update the other network. Thanks 

Options
2023-07-01 19:47:12

I asked this question earlier with no response. Is TP-Link going to update firmware for x20 hardware 1.26 or am I SOL? 

Options