Trouble getting Ethernet link between ATT router and Main Decco X60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-02 19:03:25
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am switching from Xfinity Comcast to ATT fiberoptic. I've unpowered the Xfinity router and the ATT router is powered up. I've connected the Ethernet cord to my Macbook Pro laptop and have internet connection. I've activated the ATT router wifi gateway. It seems to me my Ethernet cable works. 

I've reset my X60 and connected the Ethernet cable between it and the ATT router. As mentioned the Xfinity router is powered down and not connected to any ectender. After powering up the ATT router and the connected X60, the light goes from yellow to blue as expected. At this point using my Decco App on my cell phone, it searches for the X60 says it sees it, allows me to custom name it, searches, then says "Ethernet cable is not connected." Yet it is! The app then gives 3 steps to make sure Deco is connect to Eithernet modem port, connected securely and both are working properly. I've tried all the E ports on the ATT router and both of the ports on the back of the X60 as well as trying a second Ethernet cable to no avail. I can't get past the "Ethernet cable is not connected screen." I've "tried again" multiple times. 

Not sure where to go from here. The videos have not helped. Any advice? A support phone number to call to hold my hand?

Once I get the main X60 linked to the internet, then I hope to link another 5 to the "main." Help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Trouble getting Ethernet link between ATT router and Main Decco X60
2023-06-05 08:20:55

@DoctorT 

Hi, Have you tried to set a different Deco as the main Deco?

And may I know the model number of your new ATT Wi-Fi gateway?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 231

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles