Deco X68 does not connect to Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro on 5GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-14 01:49:36 - last edited 2023-06-14 02:11:29
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20230404 Rel. 55798

I have two Deco X68's currently set to 2.4 and 5GHz Wi-Fi.

The reason I can't have the X68's set to 5GHz only, is that I have 2 x Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro's that do not even see the X68's when they are set to 5GHz only, and I know the 5GHz Wi-Fi signal level is good there, because my other devices (iPhone and iPad) that I use to set them up have a 5Ghz signal level of around -35 to -45dBm at those locations.

I suspect the reason for this is because according to the Ring website the Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro connects at 5GHz on Channel 52 and above. Since i can't put a URL in here, Google "What to do when your Floodlight Cam Wired Pro has trouble connecting to 5GHz wifi" to get you to the Ring Support page relevant to this issue.

I see other posts here (Google "TP-LINK 597024") are informative.

Also Wikipedia lists the 5GHz 802.11 Wi-Fi channels (Google "wikipedia List of WLAN channels".)

You can see in the Wikipedia article that there are "4 sub-bands" of channels, for example CH32 to CH48, CH50 to CH68, CH96 to CH144, CH149 to CH177.

When i do the "Network Optimization" using the DECO app, it selects Ch40 for 5Ghz WiFi 1 and CH149 for 5Ghz WiFi 2 (I assume that's the back haul channel).

My inquiry is, would it be possible in some future firmware update to maybe at least allow the user to be able to select one of those sub-bands of the available channels to utilize.

I'm thinking, to the user in the Advanced Wi-Fi settings where the Band is currently configured, there might be under that, a drop down box option with 4 sub-band options.

For example, in my scenario, if the other Wi-Fi devices I use don't care which 5GHz Wi-Fi channels they use, but my Ring devices will only connect from Channel 52+, then I would like to be able select the "CH50 to CH68" 5GHz sub-band.

Anyway there you have it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 210

Replies: 0

Related Articles