Axe300 not working out of the box. Think it’s user error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-18 08:43:28
Model: Archer AXE300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20220907

Brand new axe300/16000. Set it up out of the box via Bluetooth, swapped out my own router and I'm having a hard time with this 500.00 router I swapped my 50.00 router for lol I've been on the old router for so long despite having top of the line PC/home server gear. It's been so long there's a million new buttons, sliders, drop downs and all kinds of configuration settings I've never seen since I last needed new networking equipment. I'm very lost, hence I believe this is user error. I have eliminated other equipment as the problem. I just got fiber last week, finally! So I hooked up my old 1g router and fully saturate it on my 2.5G signal from my isp and everything is good. I set up the axe300 and on all LAN devices, and all 4 Wi-Fi frequencies the max signal I'm getting is 25mbps up/3mbps down. Things I've done ; Power cycled everything 100 times give or take. Turned off QOS, turned on QOS and set negotiation to my max speed provided by my isp. Turned on and off IPV6, turned off all security and child protections. That only scratches the surface of what I could be doing based on the total amount of all the stuff I haven't touched because I don't know what it means lol. 

if anyone in here has intimate knowledge of this product or just very well versed in TPLinks systems and has any idea or thoughts about how to flush out the problem it would be greatly appreciated. I have spent several hours on the phone with their customer support but they all read from the same generic script and when none of it works they say they'll escalate me to a supervisor and put me on hold for 15-30 minutes until  the call mysteriously hangs up. So no one over there is interested in/has the knowledge to trouble shoot for a customer that bought one of their expensive flagship products haha. I'll take any and every suggestion seriously, thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Axe300 not working out of the box. Think it’s user error
2023-06-21 23:08:02

@AllstarplayerGK,

Could you email our team at ussupportteam@tp-link.com and include the phone number you used for our support chat and the ticket number, if you received one.

We would like to look into your calls with live support. If they were prepared to forward you to a supervisor, there may be information in your Ticket with specifics that will allow us to see what may have been the issue. We can then make sure that you are able to get the assistance you need, without needing to review all the steps and settings in your router.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options