Help with Ethernet backhaul on Deco XE5300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-30 17:04:53
Tags: #Backhaul Method #Switch
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

I’m not even sure if this is possible but, I have tried to connect the 2 satellite decos with cat 6 Ethernet cable (run through the house) to the main deco, and it doesn’t seem to work. My speeds are insanely slow compared to my previous setup 20mbps vs 700mbps  (which was Netgear orbi, all of which were connected wirelessly connected.) I have them all connected to an Ethernet switch (NETGEAR 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged PoE+ Switch (GS316P)) (with an Ethernet cable going from the modem to the main deco, of course) but it seems that they aren't using wired backhaul. What am I doing wrong? Is my switch compatible?

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help with Ethernet backhaul on Deco XE5300
2023-07-03 07:40:30 - last edited 2023-07-03 07:55:02

@Devins 

Hi, Have you tried to unplug the two satellite XE5300s, then restart GS316P? After that, connect satellite XE5300 back to see whether it made any difference.

And could you please help me test whether they are able to get wired Backhaul if bypassing the Netgear switch, like ISP modem--main XE5300--satellite XE5300#1

If the Ethernet Backhaul works without the switch, It is very likely that GS316P has an issue with forwarding packets based on IEEE 1905.1 protocol that is used for Ethernet Backhaul. You could have a look at our network switches and all of them are working with Deco Ethernet Backhaul.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/business-networking/unmanaged-switch/

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 320

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles