VPN stopped working after 2 weeks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-06 00:39:33
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.07 build 20230413 rel. 36949

I am experiencing the exact same problem as https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/203410.

Since last 3 days, VPN stopped working for unknown reasons. I updated the firmware after it stopped working, restarted the routers across but nothing changed. The mac was connected on Wifi. I had not done any special setting in my initial setup other than defining the name of the network!

Lastly I switched security from WPA ->WPA/WPA2 and even before I saved the config then it suddenly started working. I am not sure if this was incidental or actually the fix and I dont know if it will stop working again.

So I request from the TP team - do you know the root cause of why VPN stops working randomly?

Options
3 Reply
Re:VPN stopped working after 2 weeks
2023-07-06 07:12:31

@Tech-Dude 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The VPN passthrough on Deco is enabled by default and WPA2 is the default security mode for most of the Deco products.  And there hasn't been a new firmware released for Deco X20 V3 recently. So I tend to think the problem is not on Deco and it is very likely there was service maintenance from your VPN server.

It would be great to monitor the service for a while and check whether the same issue is repeated again.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-06 07:17:41

@David-TP 

thank you for prompt feedback. I forgot to mention that when it stopped working, I tested it on my old wifi router and that worked. So I have tested back to back and sadly this Wi-Fi router failed setting up vpn connection. 

To confirm I don't have any initial setup problems, how do I hard reset this router (force the initial setup)? 

Options
2023-07-11 01:03:43

@Tech-Dude Hi, sorry for the delay.

If you tend to hardware reset the Deco, you could hold the reset pinhole at the bottom for 1s.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 287

Replies: 3

Related Articles