Deco 5 internet speed terrible

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-10 16:07:04
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Most up to date

Hi,

I recently added 4 deco units to my office. The office is 4500 SQ with elevators in the center. 

For some reason, no matter how I connect the devices, the internet is poor. Zoom is choppy and unclear and cut out. 

The office internet speed is a gb connection and when connecting w/o the decos its all ok.

Any suggestions on how I can imporive this/ 

Currently the setup is as follows: Verizon (enter mech room) > Verzion Router (with wifi) > deco via cat6 > 3 decos around the entire office.

Thanks

Q

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco 5 internet speed terrible
2023-07-11 03:25:36

@Qmedic 

Hi, Did it help if you tried to disable the Wi-Fi on the Verizon router, then change Deco into Access Point mode?

Then please temporarily disable "Fast roaming" and "beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced to see whether it made any difference.

And could you please also help me check whether the Zoom live meeting issue occurs more when it is roaming around the office or if it actually does not matter whether the Zoom host devices are moving or not?

Wait for your reply.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-11 15:33:32

@David-TP Thanks for the response.

The zoom issue is from a stationary spot. I will try the settings you recommended and update. 

Thanks!

Options
2023-07-12 15:36:07

@Qmedic so now the internet is a bit more stable, at least now the lag is less, but the signal strength is weak. It was weak before as well. The distance between the deco's is no more than 15 feet. 

I keep moving them around to try and get better signals, but the last one (conference room) doesnt seem to catch a good signal. This one is 5 feet away from the next one, but separated by 2 drywalls.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 260

Replies: 3

Related Articles