1.0.6 Firmware Breaking SFP PPPoE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-15 01:09:05
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Just upgraded to 1.0.6, my modem can no longer connect to internet via PPPoE with a VLAN tag through its SFP port. Had to downgrade to 1.0.2 to have everything back working. Anyone who is having the same use case please be aware before upgrading.

Options
2 Reply
Re:1.0.6 Firmware Breaking SFP PPPoE
2023-07-17 02:53:49

Hello @AkazaRenn 

Can I know who is your ISP and what is the VLAN ID required to connect to the internet?

As described in the firmware release note, the new 1.0.6 version has optimized the SFP+ port compatibility, but I cannot say sure if the issue you're reporting is related to this update. Have you tried to reconfigure the PPPoE connection by typing the VLAN setting parameters again after the upgrade?

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I'll forward your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options
Re:1.0.6 Firmware Breaking SFP PPPoE
2023-07-17 02:58:04

@Kevin_Z Thank you for the reply. My internet provider is Bell Canada and the VLAN ID is 35. I haven't tried re-entering the VLAN ID but I tried hitting the disconnect button and connect button for multiple times. I can try re-entering the VLAN ID later once I get a chance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 416

Replies: 2

Related Articles