NAT Hairpin/Loopback on wired connection doesn't work on BE95

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-28 13:22:44
Model: Deco BE95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20230510 Rel. 6409

I have found several posts from the past describing this exact same issue dating back as early as 2018. Here we are 5 years later and I just spent $2,500 on four BE95 units that are not capable of a simple NAT Hairpin/Loopback from a laptop that is connected via wired connection.

I have a server running Traefik reverse proxy listening on port 443 inside my network. I have another server running a service on a different host inside my LAN and Traefik routes service to this server if it's coming in on a particular domain name. The domain name is pointing to my WAN IP.

If I'm on WiFi the service is accessible as well as when if I'm not connected to the local network and trying to access the page externally. But if I'm on a wired connection I can't reach the service using the domain name resolving to my WAN.

If I make a local DNS entry on the wired laptop I'm making the domain point to the reverse proxy, it works on a wired connection

I am extremely underwhelmed by the settings and options available on a mesh router that is supposed to be the best there is today. But not having the ability to do a simple Nat Hairpin/Loopback, something my 5 year old Google WiFi mesh router could handle just fine, is a deal breaker. I have 30 days to decide whether I want to keep this or return it all to Amazon. At the price I paid I honestly expected much more.

Options
1 Reply
Re:NAT Hairpin/Loopback on wired connection doesn't work on BE95
2023-07-29 03:38:22

Never mind, I bought a 3-pack of Netgear 6E RBRE960 tonight which not only has working NAT Hairpin but is stable (the tp-link dropped my internet connection and my client devices every few hours for the last day), has a fully manageable web interface with things like config backup, custom naming of devices and things you'd expect from a $1k+ router. The tp-link is going back to Amazon tomorrow, I wanted to like it but it just wasn't for me.

Options