How do I rename SSID on Deco_E464

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-30 00:30:57 - last edited 2023-07-31 03:40:51
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I just bought Deco AXE5300 WiFi 6E Tri-Band Mesh Router System.  The router is connected directly to a Arris SB6190 cable modem.

I need assistance in Renaming the SSID -  how do I get access to the router to rename SSID and setup a password?

Secondly will the 2nd and 3rd unit update automatically or do I have to program them individually?

Lastly, if there is a firmware update for this router,  where can I download and how to update it.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and help.

mjawaid.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How do I rename SSID on Deco_E464
2023-07-31 03:39:00 - last edited 2023-07-31 03:43:40

@mjawaid 

Hi, You might need to set it up on the Deco APP first and the default open SSID is only temporary for configuration. Later during the setup, you could customize your own Wi-Fi SSID and password.

How to set up Deco on the Deco APP.

How to change the Wireless Settings on your Deco app

The whole Mesh network shared the same SSID and password, and satellite Deco will automatically sync the wireless settings from the main Deco.

As for the firmware upgrade, once a new firmware is ready, you will get a notification on the Deco APP and update the firmware via Deco APP directly.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/deco-mesh-wifi/#deco-app

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 490

Replies: 1

Related Articles