Router periodically prompting to create admin password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-21 20:59:25
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.4 Build 20210705 Rel. 68265

I've started having issues with my Archer C2300 router where it periodically prompts me to create an admin password when logging in instead of prompting me for my bound e-mail address and password.  Entering a password here has no effect, and things return to normal after a hard reboot via the power button on the router since I can't access the web config.  The last month or two, this has been occurring every couple of weeks.  One of the times, I also lost WiFi access until rebooting (although wired still worked).  Firmware is the latest available, and no config changes have been made lately.  After my last reboot yesterday, I reset the router to factory setttings, but then I restored my saved settings, so perhaps that won't make any difference.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I access my home network remotely frequently, so reliabilty over extended periods when I don't have physical access to the router is important to me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 164

Replies: 0

Related Articles