Tapo A200 - Solar Panel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo A200 - Solar Panel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo A200 - Solar Panel
Tapo A200 - Solar Panel
2023-08-25 18:30:01 - last edited 2023-08-28 00:46:20

Does the Tapo A200 solar panel support two Tapo C420 cameras if I use a micro USB splitter?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo A200 - Solar Panel
2023-08-28 09:38:51

@gebjeff 

Hi, 
One Tapo A200 is designed to provide a non-stop power supply for one Tapo battery-powered camera, and it's not recommended to be used to power more cameras.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Tapo A200 - Solar Panel
2023-08-29 13:19:44

@gebjeff There is no harm in trying - just the cost of the splitter. It simply boils down to the power being generated being sufficient to put enough to both cameras for charging. Here's a review on Amazon with someone doing exactly what you want:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GFNXFXZ

Nicholas

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for power splitting.

Reviewed in the United States on May 7, 2021

Verified Purchase

I use this to charge my two cameras and it works perfect.

I have a solar panel with a single micro usb cable as its only output, I use this along with two 10ft micro usb M-F cables to charge the batteries in my outdoor cameras. It works perfectly; both my cameras stay charged.

I wrapped the connection point with electrical tape to waterproof it I don't know if it is needed, but I like to play it safe. I'm looking into a better solution but Its protecting it from the elements for now.

Will update if anything happens to the cables.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 616

Replies: 2

Related Articles