data security

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

data security

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
data security
data security
2023-08-28 19:38:09
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently bought Deco X60. I previously used C4000 router.

When I login to Deco X60 using a browser, I noticed that I can configure very few things in browser. I need to use the phone app to configure most things on this router. Does this mean this router is sending lot of data like router configuration, usage etc to TP-Link server and the app gets it from TP-link server? If this is correct, is there a way to prevent this data sharing ?  I would like to not share any data about my router configuration, usage etc on ongoing basis with TP-link.

I was able to configure everything for C4000 router using web browser. Can you make it work for Deco X60 also?

Options
1 Reply
Re:data security
2023-08-29 07:07:04

@John20 

Hi, So far, Deco still does not support web UI configuration, and its management control is still mainly based on Deco APP. 

We also have EasyMesh/OneMesh compatible routers and extenders and if you prefer the Web UI configuration and management control, maybe the Archer routers and extenders would be a better choice.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/easymesh/

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 239

Replies: 1

Related Articles