XE75 solid red light

XE75 solid red light

XE75 solid red light
XE75 solid red light
2023-09-17 02:12:38

I recently returned home from vacation to find my internet not working. My XE75 has a solid red line on it. I can connect to the wifi network but not getting any internet connection. No outages in my area and the modem itself seems to be working fine and has internet coming in. I ha e reset the modem and router multiple times and have done a reset of the system and done setup all over again but nothing seems to be working. Any suggestions for next steps?

Options
7 Reply
Re:XE75 solid red light
2023-09-17 16:33:56

@Xaran Disconnect Deco and buy some more reliable HW. Deco is not that. Mine is having errors even nothing is connected to it yet... system logs full of errors that the system have... I regret I bought this Deco..

Options
2023-09-18 03:08:32

@Xaran 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It is suggested to connect a laptop via an Ethernet cable to the ISP cable modem to confirm the laptop could get internet properly.

Then please refer to this link to clone the MAC address on the PC to Deco:

How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco

If the LED is still red, please also try to set a different Deco as the main Deco:

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2023-11-15 03:48:03

@David-TP  I am having the exact same problem now as well. My Deco X75 was working fine (just 6 months old), and yesterday it suddenly goes solid red. I tried restart, and also factory reset. The LED flash blue and I did the network setup, but then it goes solid red again before the setup complete, and I now dont have any wifi network. It is very shocking as I never had any problem with other brand routers past 20 years. So yes kinda regret buying this product. 

Options
2023-11-15 07:35:41

@furburr 

Hi,

Do you have a wired computer available to test the internet service first just in case the internet service or cable/fibre model acted up?

When I checked your TP-link email ID, It seemed like your Deco XE75_V1 was still on firmware 1.1.11 and the latest firmware for Deco XE75_V1 is 

Deco XE75_V1_1.2.8 Build 20230901

It is also suggested to manually update to the latest firmware first:

How to Update the Firmware of Deco (method 2)

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2023-11-15 18:05:30

@furburr @David-TP I am dealing with this issue as well and just started a couple weeks ago. I have gone as far as getting a new ISP and still have this issue. I am stuck using the provider provided equipment. I have tries solving to no avail so far. I can plug my laptop directly into the modem and I have internet access. I have done factory reset multiple times, but nothing is working to get this thing online. It is about 6 months old, very disappointed with these units right now. Any ideas,how to fix. I have firmware up to date on Deco units. 

Options
2023-11-15 18:15:36

@furburr What worked for me was to swap which unit I was using as the main unit. Once I did that everything started working fine again.

Options
2023-11-15 20:02:27 - last edited 2023-11-15 20:11:59

@David-TP 
This seems like a software issue more than anything and I urged the Deco team to take a deeper dive at what they are releasing. Since these issues are not just consistent with a certain Deco, but across different versions of your products (Mine being a AXE5300 v2.6). People will not be recommending and reviews will starts coming out about the lack of QC on the software if it is that issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1029

Replies: 7

Related Articles