BE85 Satellites Randomly disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-19 13:52:40
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.10 Build 20230815

I've had the system for a few weeks now. In the last several days, both satellites randomly and simultaneously disconnected from the main unit on at least three occasions (that I noticed). All three are connected through a wired backhaul through a 2.5gb switch. When the satellites dropped last night I checked the switch and it seemed fine. I notice the disconnect when the internet suddenly drops and then see the satellite I sit closest to has a red light. I believe it eventually reconnects, however last night I power cycled and it went back to normal. 

Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas? Everything else seems to function fine, however I am near the 30-day return window and am obviously concerned about what could be a serious bug on an expensive product I cannot return.

Options
4 Reply
Re:BE85 Satellites Randomly disconnecting
2023-09-20 09:13:56

@KDR 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of your 2.5G switch?

I would like to follow up on your case via email and consult the engineers to see whether they have any further troubleshooting methods. Please check later whether you could get my email.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-09-20 12:52:23 - last edited 2023-09-20 12:58:37

@David-TP 

The switch is a TRENDnet TEG-S380. I should add that one of the two satellites connects via a ScreenBeam MoCA 2.5 Adapter Model: ECB7250K02 through the only connected  coax line in the house which is dedicated for this line and carries no other service (meaning no cable TV). Keep in mind when the issue occurs both satellites disconnect simultaneously. 

Options
2023-09-21 01:37:10

@KDR 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

Is the ScreenBeam MoCA adapter also connected behind the same switch, like this layout:

bf30916b7ff14b18b6d10f79d078222b

If yes, can you try to connect the ScreenBeam MoCA adapter directly from the main Deco BE85 in case there is actually something wrong with the switch?

We did receive some feedback before that several switches had trouble with the Ethernet Backhaul.

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul-Q6-What can I do if the Deco units become unstable once they're connected via a switch?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-09-22 13:59:56

@David-TP 

I appreciate the quick and thorough reply. I tried another switch which didn't resolve the issue. I then removed the Moca adapter and everything has functioned fine since then. Thank you. 

Options