BE85 Satellite Displays Offline Even With Connected Clients (connectivity stable)

BE85 Satellite Displays Offline Even With Connected Clients (connectivity stable)

4 hours ago
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.21

I currently utilize a pair of Deco BE85's to cover my 1,500 sq.ft. space. The satellite is backhauled with a Cat6 Ethernet cable connected to a 10Gbps ports on each node.

Periodically, the satellite will show as offline in the app and the web GUI. Despite this, it still has connected clients, and it displays as such in the GUI. These clients are utilizing the Internet normally, and the IoT devices are responding normally to commands. Their speeds are even being actively reported in the app interface, although I'm unsure if a client's throughput is measured at the Main Deco or on a node-by-node basis.

With these facts in mind, the connectivity appears to be stable, but there appears to just be some issue with management communication between the main Deco and the satellite. This Deco normally reports as being able to establish connectivity back to the main Deco via all media: Ethernet/2.4GHz/5GHz/6GHz

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:BE85 Satellite Displays Offline Even With Connected Clients (connectivity stable)
4 hours ago

6b3cf16195d0499b9f631da21fdee591

Replying with an app screenshot for reference.

Options
Re:BE85 Satellite Displays Offline Even With Connected Clients (connectivity stable)
3 hours ago

@browri 

We are aware of a known display error affecting nearly all Deco models on the market. A beta firmware release addressing this issue was made available about two weeks ago; however, your specific model was not included in that update.

I recommend responding to the post below to inform them that you are experiencing the same issue. Please include your Deco model as well as the firmware and hardware version in your response.

Additionally, you may consider opening a support ticket to report that you are encountering the same issue as others.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/697580?sortDir=ASC&page=1

If you wish to file the support ticket i have included the instructions below 

1. Email support at support.usa@tp-link.com.

2. Include the model number of your Deco router, as well as the hardware and firmware versions.

3. Describe the issues you are facing and send the email.

4. Within a few minutes, you will receive an automated response with a TKID number.

5. Upon receiving this email, please access the Deco web UI by entering "tplinkdeco.net" in your browser. Navigate to Advanced > System > System Log, select "ALL" in the log type, and save the file to your local computer. Then, reply to the email you just received, attach the log file, and kindly request that your ticket be escalated to a senior engineer for further assistance.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 17

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles