Deco XE75 - No Internet Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-19 23:13:57
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Deco XE75(US)_V1.6_1.2.7 Build 20230728

Purchased a 3-pack in December 2022, and have worked flawlessly until today.  I have Comcast internet via Motorola cable modem MB8611.  My internet dropped out during a MS Teams meeting, and was forced to use my phone as a hot spot for the rest of the day. 

- Verified modem is working correctly by connecting a computer directly to it via ethernet cable
- Checked ethernet connections
- Factory reset the modem and Deco XE75 multiple times

- Reset Deco and modem.  Unplugged both and waited 20 minutes.  Plugged in Deco XE75 and waited until blue light was blinking, then plugged in modem and waited until connection was confirmed with Comcast before starting the Deco App and running the setup.
- Updated Deco XE75 firmware

- Set each Deco XE75 as the "main" Deco in case one was faulty

- Replaced the Deco XE75 with my older TP-Link Archer AX3000 and recieved internet connection immediately!

- Tried setting up the DNS in the Deco app, but it would disappear.  It is currently blank.  

I spent hours today trouble shooting this issue to no avail.  Their are many, many accounts of people having the same problem with the Deco XE75.  If TP-Link did not have a watered-down Web UI, I could have probably fixed this in 10 minutes.  Instead I am relying on the terrible Deco App to problem solve.  When will TP-Link acknowledge this issue and send out a firmware update?

Thanks,

Chris

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 - No Internet Connection
2023-09-20 08:35:08

@ChrisHiss 

Hi, Have you tried to clone the MAC address on the Archer AX3000 or the laptop to Deco XE75 such as 

How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco if Deco fails to connect to the internet

It is also suggested to refer to the following suggestions:

Unable to connect to the Internet

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-09-30 02:02:07

@David-TP 

Thank you David-TP,

I just got back from a business trip, so sorry for the late reply.  I have to ask.  For an MSRP of $449.00, why would I need to clone my MAC address from my Archer AX3000?  Why can't TP-Link release an appropriate firmware or produce a working web user interface or update the Deco app?  The current version of the Deco app is terrible.

And yes, I already followed the "Unable to connect to the Internet" link.  

I have purchased for myself, my parents, and my organization over the last decade multiple unmanned TP-Link switches, Archer AX300 --> Archer C9 --> WR1043ND --> and previous TP-Link wireless G routers.  The XE75 has been the first dud from TP-Link and should never have been released.

Do you have a beta firmware you can send me?  

Thanks, Chris

Options
2023-10-02 20:00:12

@ChrisHiss 

I had this similar issue started Thursday. Spent several hours, 8 plus troubleshooting, multiple resets, power cycles, unplugging wired connections,TP link chat support , etc..

ISP said no issues with modem. Looged a ticket with TP link on the phone, no one could reply back until after Oct 7th. So I called ISP again, they mentioned some cable signal strength issues. Tech came out next day, didnt find enough signal issue to affect the system. He ran some tests on his devices, mentioned that it looked like my signal was getting "stolen" from inside the wifi. One of my Deco's had a huge spike in the download speed, to the point of stragling the network. He suggested changing the password. So I unplugged all Decos but the main one, which actually gave me some Wifi, then i spent all day Saturday on adding everything back to my network with a new PW. This has fixed my issue, so far. I have around 50 devices, Three Deco X75Pro and one X50 outdoor.

Options
2023-10-03 19:42:08

@Willis71 So he mentioned someone had figured out your Wi-Fi password and was stealing bathwidth? Curious if you managed to see the device logged/listed in your Deco app?

Options
2023-10-04 13:20:43 - last edited 2023-10-04 13:37:17

@Willis71 

I spent 4 hours figuring it out last night.  There is a glitch in the Deco App when setting the main Deco up after reset.  I noticed during the "Creating your Wi-Fi network..." step, the LED on the main Deco was turning from blue to red, indicating a problem with setup.  However, the Deco app still allows you to proceed futher into the setup process nor tells you there is an error during the "Creating your Wi-Fi network..." step.  Only after proceeding further in the app is their a pop-up notification stating "This Deco Network has been deleted."

There are three variables during the Wi-Fi set up process in the Deco App:

• Name of Deco
  • SSID
  • Password

I set up my main Deco with the following and for some reason was making the main Deco LED turn red.  I am not sure if there is a character limit or something else the Deco App doesn't like during the setup process:

• Basement (custom name)
  • HTTP 404 Not Found (ironic, I know)
  • 18 digit password

I evenutally got the Deco App to finish the setup process by using the following:

• Bedroom (preconfigured name)
  • Test
  • 88888888 (password needs minumim of 8 characters)

I then went back into the Deco app after the setup was complete to reconfigure everything how I like it.

I also suspect ethernet ports on at least two of my Decos have stopped working.  I have hardware version 1.6.  I have read online that this is another issue with these Decos.  Port #1 on my main Deco has my raspberry pi plugged in acting as my DNS for pihole, and I cannot connect to it, nor is is blocking ads.

On the Deco in my family room, I noticed in the Deco App stated it was connected back to the main Deco via 6GHz.  (All my Decos are hardwired to unmanned switches).  I switched the ethernet port on the Deco and then it showed as was hardwired in the app.  I'll have to hook up a laptop to each of the ethernet ports for all Decos later this week to see which ones are fried.  If they are, I still have 14 months left on my warranty.  Looks like they went through a couple hardware itterations (1.0 --> 1.6 --> 2.0 --> 2.6), so I am hoping the newer ones are built better.  

Options