No WiFi w/ changed SSID && no WAN (Inet) with Static IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-11 15:36:47 - last edited 2023-10-11 15:39:26
Tags: #administration
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20230906 rel.52177(5553)

(1) I don't know if others experience this however I simply cannot get wireless access even to administer via Link or web-gui after changing the SSID to anything.

My Note 9 phone refuses to connect as does my Asus ROG laptop. I have to do a hard reset to re-gain access.

---------

(2) I cannot get my Static IP to work whatsoever. Dynamically (DHCP) works, however, I need it set to a static mode.

I have a feeling it's the hardware I have from Metronet - my provider.

My FTTH runs to a Nokia G240 'triple play' ONT which has 2 out of 4 ports active.

ONT PORT I:  (IP/TV) - to a mikrotik 4 port GBit switch. One cat 8 cable to the Technicolor VEN - for wireless tx/rx of TV signal. A second cat 8 cable to the network DVR. Each STB and the VEN is on a 10.x.x.x subnet

ONT PORT II:  (full bandwidth) - to the Archer AX6000 WAN port. One LAN port goes to another mikrotik 16 port 10Gbit switch and from there to LAN equipment.

The initial setup came with 2 eero 6 pro wifi units w/ one acting as a gateway hooked directly to PORT I. They sucked for wifi in my situation so I got this Archer 6000 instead and removed the eero's all together.  I noticed my static IP changed with them removed (which is fine), however, this Archer 6000 refuses to allow Internet access with a static IP set. DHCP works fine.

I tried binding the Nokia ONT MAC and even the Archer MAC but no luck.

My intention - if possible  - is to run the fiber directly to a Linux box running Zentynal or ClearOS and use the Archer in AP only mode for wifi. I need to find out if the Linux box will handle IP/TV...

Ideas??

Tim

ARS N9NU

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 155

Replies: 0

Tags

administration
Related Articles