problem password encryption

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-17 20:43:31
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.12

Several devices are unable to connect when I select some encryption (WPA, WPA2...)

I had to leave a passwordless network for these devices (Smartphones, printers...)

HW 1.20 

FW 1.1.12

Options
6 Reply
Re:problem password encryption
2023-10-18 19:29:55

@GustavoMendes,

This is usually a result of choosing one of the newer methods such as WPA 3, I would recommend configuring your network to use WPA/WPA2-Personal as this has the widest compatibility while maintaining security.

If the devices were already connected when you change the security method, you may need to forget the network and reconnect on the problem devices as they may be attempting to use the method from before

Options
2023-10-18 20:11:18

@Riley_S My wifi is configured with WPA/WPA2-Personal for compatibility and it is having a problem connecting to several devices, to solve it I had to leave it without a password

Options
2023-10-18 21:02:24

@GustavoMendes,

Were the problematic devices connected to the network prior to changing the security method? Were they connected to a network with the same SSID previously?

Make sure that your devices do not have any saved network with a similar name, and if they do - try deleting these from remembered networks.

I would also go into your router settings and make sure that you did not enable the allowlist or blocklist for these devices.

Options
2023-10-18 21:10:50

@Riley_S It's a completely new network, I had a TP-Link ac3150, everything worked perfectly with wap/wap2 encryption, when replacing the router pro model ax90 using a new wifi name and new password the devices were unable to connect with any of the 3 bands, connection is only possible without a password. I have already tried using all encryption options

Options
2023-10-24 15:33:01

@Riley_S My laptop has an ax200 card and cannot connect to the ax90 router

Options
2023-10-25 15:44:14

in the new firmware I am unable to connect via the AX band, even activating Smart Connect. The new firmware is full of problems and limiting speed

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 316

Replies: 6

Related Articles