Will this wiring work with my switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-21 23:24:43

I have installed several KS205 single pole smart switches at my home- all super easy, no questions or problems.  However, today I met my match...

I went to install the KS230 3-way kit and can't seem to figure out the wiring, and obviously don't want to guess.  Pictures of the existing wiring for the switches are attached.  The white & black in the wire nut in one switch is especially throwing me for a loop.  Can I use the KS230 for this room, and if so how do I go about wiring it?  Or, am I missing everything/something I need to use KS230?

Thanks very much for any help!!!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Will this wiring work with my switch?
2023-10-23 18:16:59

@Tenobi,

I would always recommend looking at getting a circuit tester for situations like this, even if you think you know what wires or what - its to easy to be caught by surprise.

I do think that you have an odd wiring setup, as a result of those two wires connected to each other - almost making it look like your light may be between your switches. 

The largest issues is that it looks like neither of these boxes has a neutral wire, which is required for Kasa and Tapo switches. 

The KS230v2's wiring diagram is as follows:
e5b6ce29-f5ed-4f34-9fc2-913d28057a87 KS230-KIT US 2-WIRING

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 242

Replies: 1

Related Articles