Port Forwarding limit on AXE5400 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6E Router

2023-11-01 01:31:15
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20230718 rel.47014(5553)

I have a server running in my house so I need to open ports for it, I have managed to reach the maximum number allowed, I don't want to change the firmware to DD-WRT because I like the UI the tp link has. Is there a way to increase the limit so I may open more ports?

on a sidenote, why is there an ssh port open 
20001/tcp open  ssh      Dropbear sshd (protocol 2.0)
but I cant log into it, and I'm wondering why

Options
5 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding limit on AXE5400 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6E Router
2023-11-02 00:10:24

@Vanguard,

I do not believe that there is a way to do this, as this is a specification that we have per router, but I will reach out to our teams to be sure.

As for the SSH Port, I believe that this is the port used by the Tether App to communicate with the Wi-Fi Router - as a result, it cannot be disabled.

Options
2023-11-02 00:35:57

@Riley_S For the ssh, is there a way I can access it then?

i would love to be able to do some things through ssh without tether app

Options
2023-11-03 18:18:04

@Vanguard,

I believe that the SSH is only available for that Tether Connection and nothing else unfortunately, at least there is nothing in the official firmware. I believe that additional precautions were taken to close any other tunnels and make sure that the port can only be used by the Tether App for encrypted data.

I have seen a large amount of SSH functionality on our managed networking switches, however, this doesn't seem to extend to our Archer Routers.

Don't forget that you can always still manage your network settings via the Web Interface if you do not want to use the Tether App for everything

Options
2023-12-28 20:07:42

@Vanguard @Vanguard 

Hello... I hope its ok to piggy back onto OP, instead of new post....If not i apologize

Any change or update to this?

Did you figure out a way to use it by chance?

Is it not possible to close any ports and or  disable any services at all?

Or just the specific port and service in the OP is not possible?

Is it possible to update to more patched/secure version? wont let me post link to Release 2022.83

How do i find detailed documentation,code,config files for tplink in general and my Archer AX-1800

Thank you

Options
2024-01-02 19:30:45

Hey  @SantaAnaWinds,

From everything I have seen, this port and connection is secured and encrypted so that the Tether App is the ONLY option to communicate. This is also a result of the communication on that port only being used in an official and strict data format. Due to the port being the preferred method of network management, I do not believe that there is a way to disable the functionality.

You can always find the most up-to-date firmware, user guides, and data sheets on your product's download pages: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-ax1800/

Just make sure to select the correct hardware version from the dropdown. 

You can always update your firmware if needed via the Tether App and WebUI for OTA cloud updates, or you can manually download the firmware from the link above and use the following FAQ to manually upload the firmware to your router: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2796/

Options