Issues when switching to Access Point mode

2023-11-02 22:44:28
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

I have used my TP Link Deco X20s (3 of them) in AP mode for a couple years.  I recently ran into an issue where one of the APs would no longer connect to the main AP.  After a lot of troubleshooting I deleted the network and factory reset all 3 APs.  Now, when I switch from Router mode to Access Point mode, 2 of the APs do not pair with the main AP (that is connected to my firewall upstream).  The main AP does pass through some IPs that are being served by the upstream DHCP server but there is no internet connectivity.  

I have deleted the network and factory reset a couple times now with the same results.  

I have a fiber ONT entering the home which then connects to my firewall/router.  That router runs to a Cisco switch uplink port and the main Deco AP is plugged into that switch.  All of my devices that are wired back into that switch get an IP and get out to the internet.

Any help is appreciated as I don't want to run a separate network for my wireless devices.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issues when switching to Access Point mode
2023-11-03 09:38:24

@JayB23 

Hi, welcome to the community.

When you mentioned the two other satellite Deco X20s didn't pair with the main AP,  do you mean they could not be added to the Deco APP?

What is the LED status on these two satellite units? Would there be any error message when they failed to be added to the Deco APP?

Have you checked if all the mobile devices that connected to the main AP failed to get the internet connection? or just several devices?

It is suggested to set a different Deco as the main Deco to see whether it helped.

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Please also check whether there are any access control settings on the fiber router or third-party firewall that might block the Deco connection.

Wait for your reply.

best regards.

Options