XE 75 Pro - Network Drop Causing Gaming Issues
XE 75 Pro - Network Drop Causing Gaming Issues
2023-11-18 15:18:15
Tags: #Wi-Fi 6E #Network Drop
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230601 Rel. 66771

My network setup:

My XE 75 Pro (3 mesh setup). I use the 6ghz as a dedicated wireless backhaul on the network. Beam Forming and Fast Roaming is disabled. My computer is hardlined into one of the mesh points (not the main). I have Xfiinity 800/25 internet, Arris S33 Modem before the Main Deco Unit (Connection between modem and deco is on the 1gbps port).

My Issue. 

I will be playing games and I will lose internet for a split second which causes me to disconnect from the game. This never happened on my old Ubiquit Wifi 5 network. This is new to the Wif 6E. I am unsure of what is causing this. I have been on forums and one all things told.

I have completely reset the network to factory.

I have swapped mesh points around the house.

I am beyond frustrated and no idea what next to do. I am really regretting this product.

Options
6 Reply
Re:XE 75 Pro - Network Drop Causing Gaming Issues
2023-11-20 06:15:40

@andrew9417 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Later I would like to forward your case to the engineer for further assistance. Could you please help me check the following details:

1. Could you please refer to this link to help me check the system information of the computer, for example:

How to check driver version of adapters and system information of your computer

2. How often do you usually get the dropout during gaming? Or are you able to reproduce this issue in a short time?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-11-20 22:29:10

@David-TP 

1. I am not using wifi (one of the decos is plugged into my ethernet port) - it doesn't matter on wifi or hardlined from the remote deco n-  it will drop for a split second

Wifi - Intel(R) Wi-fi 6E AX211 160Mhz - driver version = 22.250.1.2 

LAN Port - Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I225-V - driver version = 2.1.3.15

2. Sometimes it can be a few minutes to hours - it is never consistent enough to get a reading (but it will always cutout mid games which causes issues)

If I remove my XE75 Pro Deco system and put back in my older Ubiquiti system I have no drops at all.

There is definetly an issue with the DECO's.

Options
2024-02-26 21:51:29

@andrew9417 

Go to NAT FORWARDINGAND SELECT,,/ON UPNP.

NOW XBOX port on my sons Xbox shows open. Before it was moderate with UPNP was not turned ON

Options
2024-04-01 02:30:30 - last edited 2024-04-01 02:36:29

@David-TP 

An update and the problem still exists... beyond frustrating... Here is an update of what I've tried now on my 3 pod XE75 pro setup version 2.6 on latest firmware on all hardware and lan cards/wireless chips. 

PC is Asus Strix z790e - 13600k - 3080 - 32 gb ram

Problem: I will be playing Baldurs Gate 3 or Magic Arena and I lose connection for a split second booting me from the games or loading/infinite load screen until I reboot the game. Impossible to multiplayer - sometimes it happens in 2 mins of play...other times an hour. Can't find a common trigger. These are what I use to test my solutions. Nobody else in the house loses connection when I do (although I'm the only online gamer usually most everyone else is streaming). 

I have tried everything below with different Decos as the main (hard reset and rebuilding system making sure)

1. I have now tried different wireless chips in my main PC. I used two different ASUS wireless cards. (Problem still persistented).

2. i have hardwired the mesh deco to the main. Then hardwired into PC. (Problem still persists)

3. I have tried hardwired and 6ghz dedicated backhual with different wireless cards. And different lan hookups. 

Beam forming and fast roaming having both been on or off. UPnp is on.

I truly believe I have a serious hardware issue with the Decos but have no idea what to do next and I do not have the money to replace the system. 

Options
2024-04-03 01:18:11

@andrew9417 

Hi, Thanks very much for the further update.

For further assistance, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers via email.

Please check whether you could receiver my email.

Best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

I have solved the issue myself currently. There is an issue with DHCP collision. The router keeps assigning 2 devices on my network the same IP addresses. 

I also limited the subnet down to 256 devices instead of the 1024 it defaults to (255.255.255.0 instead of 255.255.252.0)

Things I did to fix this (note all of my devices except 2 use auto dhcp).

I reserved in the TP Link app the two IPs I'm making static.

Then I went into the devices hardware profile and did a manual IP (static IP) that matched one of the reserved IPs I set. I used Windows Event Viewer to find the DHCP issues. 

3 days in with manual IP set I have had no random disconnects. I'm unsure why the Router is assigning the same IP to 2 devices. Possibly a future update could resolve this issue.

I consider this issue closed (although with a less than ideal solution). 

Thank you for your help and hopefully a future update will help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 441

Replies: 6

Tags

Wi-Fi 6E
Network Drop
Related Articles