XE75 - Routing just stops - almost daily now

2023-11-25 08:02:33
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.28 (latest)

Good. evening.  I have an ATT Fiber modem (still have WiFi on as a temp backup due to all these issues), but that is in passthrough mode and the Deco is acting as both the router and access point.

Daily now I am having an issue where the SSID is still broadcasting but no traffic is going through, even the Deco app fails to connect.  A reboot of the device brings things back, but for 2 work from home adults, this is unacceptable on a $300+ product!

I am including a screenshot from the deco app which may help lead to something but it appears the main office router is just failing, OR I am connected to the one and the connection between the 2 has failed (but don't think it's that as I don't even see the 3rd deco AND everyone else on that side of the house says things are down as well.

Thanks!

95bc977aeecb48ed84cab57f62b2c90c

Options
1 Reply
Re:XE75 - Routing just stops - almost daily now
2023-11-27 20:42:01

@j0k3r,

A few things to start:

I believe that the Wi-Fi being on the modem means that its DHCP server is still running - so double check that it is in passthrough mode, as I believe it shouldn't be possible.

To start troubleshooting, I would highly recommend removing the satellite nodes from the equations and seeing if the behavior can be replicated with just the main node connected. I would also make sure that you are connecting to the deco network and not the network broadcast by your gateway.

Also, how did you have your Decos connected? If it was wireless, it is possible that the decos were too far apart and couldn't communicate with the main node anymore.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 173

Replies: 1

Related Articles