How to uninstall the Home Shield Pro software on my main Deco

2023-12-02 15:17:22
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

A few months ago I subscribed to Home Shield Pro and as soon as I did, new software was installed on my main Deco. 

I know how to activate it or turn it on or off. And I know how to stop the subscription via Google.

But I have not found out how to "uninstall"  the Home Shield Pro software - I am not talking about canceling the subscription but only uninstalling the software for Home Shield Pro.

How can that be done?

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to uninstall the Home Shield Pro software on my main Deco
2023-12-04 06:54:05

@RichBrito 

Hi, Did you use to subscribe Advanced Parental Control or Security+/Today Security Package?

I am quite curious what new software you have found installed on the Deco X55. Could you please share some screenshots here?

HomeShield Module is a built-in security system of Deco and Some advanced features are locked and required of subscription, but no additional software would be installed in the main Deco after subscription.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:How to uninstall the Home Shield Pro software on my main Deco
2023-12-05 20:30:28

@David-TP 

As soon as I completed the subscription (5/6/2023) for HomeShield Pro via the Deco app, it immediately showed an update being installed. I assumed that it was the HomeShield Pro. I know of no other way to tell what it was/is. Only that on the Deco app I go to Security and enable Web Protection, Intrusion Preventionm, Iot Protection. that is the only configuration I know of that either enables it or disables it. which I have done a few times trying to see if it was the culprit for my slow download.

There is no other software installed that I know of . only the latest 1.3.1 bios update.

thanks for taking the time to help.

I am pretty much at the end of figuring it out which I cannot.

Rich

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 439

Replies: 2

Related Articles