AC1300 Deco M5 Ethernet Backhaul setup

2023-12-15 21:28:27
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.3 Build 20230906

I have the AC1300 Deco M5 - w/3 nodes.  I have 2 that are currently hooked up and working.
I'm wanting to put the 3rd on Ethernet Backhaul as it's the furthest point in the home

Currently I have setup:

Frontier Fios Router connected to #1 Main Deco M5 Ethernet Port1 via Cat 5

#2 Second Deco M5 is up and running mid house wireless backhaul - no issues - working great

Question is:

Is the underlined below the correct method to get #3 Deco M5 working on Ethernet Backhaul seeing as it's the furthest from the #1 Main M5 ?
Main #1 Deco M5 Port 2 --> Cat 5 line to back of house --> 5 port hub --> #3 Deco M5 Cat 5 to Port 1

The unmanaged 5 port hub will have 3 'wired' devices plugged in as well - Bose Soundbar, Samsung TV, Roku 5

I'm just wanting the #3 Deco M5 provide the best wifi signal it can for the back part of the house and am hoping can use the Ethernet line as a backhaul

Thanks in advance if can help

Options
1 Reply
Re:AC1300 Deco M5 Ethernet Backhaul setup
2023-12-18 06:42:30

@Scottyb523 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The network layout mentioned here would work well.

Frontier Fios router---main Deco M5--<Wi-Fi>--satellite M5#2

\---------------------------------------------<cable>---5 port hub------satellite M5#3 

\--------------Bose Soundbar, Samsung TV, Roku 5

An unmanaged TP-link switch is highly recommended.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/all-soho-switch/

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 143

Replies: 1

Related Articles