instability with Deco Firmware 1.4.1

2023-12-16 18:16:14 - last edited 2023-12-17 15:56:35
Tags: #Firmware Update #unstable
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

Deco X55 V1.6 Unstable since upgrade to Firmware version 1.4.1 2 days ago.
1) I'm getting message in app that says "Client list failed to load. Please reboot main Deco."
2) After reboot client list is scrambled with devices having the wrong descriptors for several minutes
3) Sometimes when I start the Deco app it says that my 2 satellite Decos with ethernet backhaul are offline but they have green lights.
4) Sometimes when streaming video over ethernet or wireless the play back is choppy.
5) NONE OF THESE PROBLEMS EXISTED BEFORE THE UPGRADE TO 1.4.1. EVERYTHING WORKED PERFECTLY.

Is there any help for this?

Thanks

12/17/23 - This morning I found the entire network down. Devices couldn't authenticate, Main Deco couldn't find the 2 satellites even though they are ethernet backhaul. 

After the 3rd power cycle the network finally came back up.

Is there anyone out there that can help?

Options
44 Reply
Re:instability with Deco Firmware 1.4.1
2023-12-18 06:12:09

@NuklearNik 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Could you please refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Do you set Ethernet Backhaul by connecting two satellite Deco X55s to the main Deco directly via Ethernet cables, or through a network switch?

If via a switch, can I have its model number?

May I know how many online clients you have connected to Deco?

After the firmware upgrade, have you tried to reset the Deco and set it again once from scratch?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-12-18 15:53:48 - last edited 2023-12-18 16:27:15

@David-TP 

Good morning,

1. I submitted the APP log.
  2. The satellite Decos are connected through a DLink 1016A switch. I have had no problems with this configuration for almost a year.
  3. I have about 75 clients. About 1/3 wired and the 2/3 wireless.
  4. I have not tried a total reconfigure from scratch. If I try this how does it work?
  5. Once again, absolutely no problems before upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.4.1

A few more clues -

- Some computers / tablets / phones get "fail to authenticate" or "Connection failed" while network is unstable.

- Others say connected but no internet.

- A few others remain connected with internet

Tech support is telling me to downgrade even though the firmware web page says this is not advisable. Anything I need to know about the ramifications doing this?

Any help you can provide would be great.

Thank you for your reply.

Options
2023-12-25 07:04:38
I am curious to keep updated about this issues as I was about to upgrade to 1.4.1 but I will wait for a bit to see if this update is stable or not
Options
2023-12-29 16:32:53

@JanRekenaar I'll be waiting also. I always check around to see if anyone has issues, so will wait till this one seems to be resolved.

Options
2023-12-29 17:19:47

@Race545 About a week ago I power cycled my Decos once again. I have been stable since then. Don't know why but tech support did ask for my user ID. Could they have changed something in my system? Don't know.

Options
2023-12-29 18:48:07

@NuklearNik I am curious why the want your UserID. That seems overkill, as they have your AppLog aswell in which all IP adresses, MAC addresses etc are being listed. They can find your system remotely that wat aswell. 

Have you been told what was in the AppLog? 

regards 

Options
2024-01-03 17:13:09

@JanRekenaar I am having issues now myself. I just updated to 1.4.1 last night and my system has been down for about 12 hours now. Did you find a resolution yet? 

Options
2024-01-03 17:23:05

@Higherlearning Try power cycling the satellite Decos as well as the main Deco. After power cycling it took 30 minutes to and hour for the system to settle down and stabilize.

Options
2024-01-03 17:50:27 - last edited 2024-01-03 22:53:09

I installed the firmware update 1.4.1 Build 20231122 Rel 40485 last night. My setup is

ISP->Main->Netgear GS108 Switch->Satellite  

I've lost ethernet backhaul capability between the main and the satellite. If ethernet is connected then wifi of the satellite doesn't work. None of my wired connections in the switch show up on Main, so I've lost all wired connections through the switch.

I've reset/rebooted unplugged/plugged all connections and power. Nothing has helped.

I need a fix or instructions on how to roll back this upgrade. Everything was working great until this upgrade.

***Adding some additional debugging info:   With the first Main Deco I found that the middle port was not working (I am using all 3 ports: WAN connection, external network disk, and unmangaged switch), so I swapped Decos and assigned a Satellite to be the new Main. On the new Main, the bottom port did not work. I've got everything back up and working as long as I don't use whichever port seems to have been messed up by the new firmware upgrade (disk is now connected to the switch instead of directly to the Deco). If you hook up anything to the messed up port it causes all kinds of issues. 

Options
2024-01-03 21:43:44 - last edited 2024-01-03 21:44:50

@red3dcom Last night the firmware was updated when everything rebooted no access to the Internet. Tried rebooting several times no luck some units would blink red some would be green random issues. Did a factory reboot reset everything set it all up everything was working as soon as you use the app to reset the deck goes everything becomes a mess and no Internet. I have IP addresses DNS everything looks good just no connection to the Internet. I have reset and defaulted my modem. It seems to be the only way to get the system back up after this problem after just simply rebooting your Deco is to power everything down then power up the five expansion X55 and then when they come up power up the main deco when that finally comes up reboot the modem. This is the only procedure that restores internet connectivity after the firmware update.

Agree things do seem to take a very long time to come up.

I have Tmobile internet and 6 X55 Decos all was good for years and years until this FW update.

BTW all my Decos are connected via wired switch so it is not weak connections.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 3553

Replies: 45

Tags

Related Articles