archer t4u plus doesn't want to connect to my iphone hotspot when i set it to 5ghz it doesn't appear

archer t4u plus doesn't want to connect to my iphone hotspot when i set it to 5ghz it doesn't appear

2023-12-21 17:04:57
Model: Archer T4U Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0

i don't know why but when i switch my iphone hotspot to 5ghz it doesn't show in the wifi list but when i set it to 2.4ghz it does and i want my wifi to be as fast as possible so can anyone help me with this please.

Options
4 Reply
Re:archer t4u plus doesn't want to connect to my iphone hotspot when i set it to 5ghz it doesn't appear
2023-12-22 08:10:48

@ZedKuro 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Could you please check whether your Archer T4U Plus is on the EU or US version?

After that, please use a Wi-Fi scan utility to check the current wireless channel of the mobile hotspot.

It is very likely that the mobile hotspot is on band 4(channel 149-165) while the EU adapter doesn't support band 4.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:archer t4u plus doesn't want to connect to my iphone hotspot when i set it to 5ghz it doesn't appear
2023-12-22 11:29:16

@David-TP 
Hello thank you for reaching out but could you tell me how to check those things haha..

Options
2024-01-16 17:21:23

@David-TP  I did check and if you look its on channel 6 and whatever i do
it doesnt show ANY 5ghz wifi networks i tried changing the wireless mode

in advanced to every single one and it didnt work I dont know what to do

and i would seriously want for it to work on 5ghz bcz my download speed isnt what it used to be and what i want it to be.537bc29a6a9746678b26f33f89d600a7

Options
2024-01-19 06:38:05

@ZedKuro 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

You could install NetSpot on the iPhone to check the current wireless channel of the hotspot:

https://www.netspotapp.com/wifi-channel-scanner/wifi-channel-scanner-for-ios.html

By the way, have you checked whether you have EU or US version?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 243

Replies: 4

Related Articles