Blocked Sites getting through

2023-12-22 03:35:31
Model: Deco W6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.2 rev. 33182

I have sites listed as blocked in the parental controls, but they can still be visited.

When I look at the view history for the day, those sites show up, with the "Blocked" tag.  If they're blocked, why do they show up at all?

In fact, two of them show as the most visited sites of the day.  (Which is why I'm trying to block them.)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Blocked Sites getting through
2023-12-25 08:13:34

@ScottJSmith 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Could you please help me check the model number again since Deco W6000 doesn't have a 1.5.2 version and Deco W3600 does?

Have you tried to manually add these websites under Parental Control>Blocked websites?

Would it be possible that you blocked this sites after Deco APP recorded the "Top visited websites" insights?

By the way, I noticed you had the Deco for a while and did this issue start recently?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Blocked Sites getting through
2024-01-17 04:12:26

@David-TP 

(Sorry.  I replied to the email notification, thinking that would update the ticket...like how ZenDesk works.)

Attached is the firmware check on the app. I found these sites in the Parental Control recent history list, long-pressed, and selected "Block Site" from they pop-up. It still allows the sites through. They now appear with the tag "Blocked" next to them.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 200

Replies: 2

Related Articles